This position is located in Washington, D.C. or surrounding area.
Censys knows the Cloud and the Internet better than anyone else. Attack Surface Management provides customers with an attacker-centric view of all externally facing Cloud and Internet assets to extend visibility, prioritize, and remediate the most critical risk exposures that will actually lead to a breach. Our daily IPv4 scans and the world’s largest SSL/TLS Certificate database enables customers with the most accurate and continuously updated attack surfaces. Enterprise security teams leverage Censys to keep pace with the speed of the business and gain an advantage on the rapidly evolving cyber-attack threats.
We are a rapidly growing cyber security startup based in Ann Arbor, Michigan with a 100% fully remote team. Our innovation is fueled by the team’s global perspectives and diverse backgrounds. We welcome healthy debate, constructive conversations, and outside-the-box thinking to ensure we are moving fast, learning things, and iterating quickly.
As an Intelligence Analyst on the Censys Professional Services team, you will conduct research and perform technical analysis to support the mission of the US Government Intelligence Community and Defense Agencies. This role directly supports client-driven data analysis and finished intelligence reporting on technical topics (i.e. tracking emerging threats, assessing nation state capabilities, tracking malicious infrastructure, and identifying new TTPs). Previous security and cyber threat intelligence experience is required.
What you'll do as a Cybersecurity Researcher:
- Conduct technical research across technical data sets to respond to customer requests regarding their high priority issues
- Produce finished intelligence reports and support intelligence briefings
- Support other analysts and data scientists who require cyber threat acumen to influence their data analysis and threat modeling needs
- Develop host-based detection profiles to identify and track malicious infrastructure
- Perform network analysis on malicious infrastructure
- Stay on top of developments within the cyber threat landscape and track key developments across classified and OSINT sources
What you'll bring to the Cybersecurity Researcher role (Required):
- TS/SCI + CI Poly
- BA/BS or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Security, or a related field
- 5+ years of experience in Information Security and/or Threat Intelligence
- Experience conducting technical threat analysis and research, especially threat hunting
- Experience writing network and endpoint signature detections using SNORT and YARA
- Scripting experience in Python, Go, Powershell, or Bash
- Knowledge of Windows operating system internals and the Windows API
- Knowledge of TCP/IP and other networking protocols
- Familiarity with analytic tradecraft, intelligence analysis and writing techniques and methodologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication; ability to convey complex technical and non-technical concepts
Highly Desirable Skills/Experience (not required):
- MA/MS or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Security, or a related field
- Programming experience in C, C++ or Java
- Experience with Windows, iOS, Android, MacOS or malware analysis
- Knowledge of open source intelligence gathering tools and techniques
Our target salary range for this role is between $180,000 USD and $250,000 USD + bonus eligibility and equity.
Don't meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they feel they meet every qualification. At Censys we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace - so if you're excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with every listed requirement in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be exactly who we need to fill this role or others!
We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Censys is an equal opportunity employer.
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided