Zions Bancorporation is seeking a Cyber Incident Response Engineer who will add to our already awesome team, help our CSOC get better, including improving our tooling and automating our work. The Cybersecurity Operations Center (CSOC) team is the cyber front line at Zions Bancorporation. If you want to work on a team where your input matters, your get to work with sharp colleagues with whom you’ll grow, where your work is truly valued and you make a real difference, then you’ll be in good company.
As the Cyber Incident Response Engineer, you’d play a key role in defending the enterprise from malicious actors, while proactively hunting cyber threats. The work you do has real impact enterprise-wide, and it is truly valued throughout the organization.
This role requires a truly collaborative, analytical problem-solver. You have an inquisitive personality that always wants to learn and can thrive in a diverse environment. You understand the value of data and systems, and the critical role cybersecurity plays in an organization. You have an acute attention to detail, love working collaboratively to enhance the enterprise’s cybersecurity posture, leveraging the latest tools and methods, while seeking out the proverbial “needle in a haystack” of cyber risks. As the Cyber Incident Response Engineer, you will:
- Act as key contributor in the CSOC’s growth and evolution, actively improving our cyber incident response capability
- Respond to cybersecurity incidents, especially as an escalation point for high-priority or highly complex incidents
- Learn and develop expertise in multiple cybersecurity tools and processes such as SIEM, IDS, EDR, DLP, WAF and similar
- Develop and implement monitoring use cases, cyber incident response procedures, playbooks, and other technical documentation
- Collaborate with other technology teams to improve incident response capabilities
Your experience and skills:
- 2+ years of progressive technical experience in one or more technical cybersecurity domains, or equivalent education
- Ability to identify phishing email tactics, and familiarity with email security
- Technical familiarity with networking concepts and tools, including network traffic analysis, proxies, functionality of network switches, load balancers, routers, and firewalls
- Working knowledge of common attack vectors, different classes of attacks (e.g., passive, active, insider, close-in, distributed, etc.) and general attack stages (e.g., foot printing and scanning, enumeration, gaining access, escalation of privileges, maintaining access, network exploitation, covering tracks, etc.)
- Knowledge of Linux and Windows operating systems, with an understanding of filesystem structure and process analysis
- A Bachelor's in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems or a related technical field is a plus
- Hands-on technical experience with a commercial SIEM products such as Splunk Enterprise Security, IBM QRadar, LogRhythm, ArcSight, NetWitness, etc., is a plus
- Experience with threat hunting methods and approaches is a plus
- Technical certifications such as Security+, Network+, GCIH, GNFA, are a plus
$60,000 – $90,000 (Based upon relatable skills/experience)
Flexibility and Location:
This opportunity will be located in our brand new Zions Technology Center or can be 100% remote with the United States. (We have a hybrid schedule of 3 days in the office and 2 days at home if you are within the Salt Lake City area).
The Zions Technology Center is a 400,000-square-foot technology campus in Midvale, Utah. Located on the former Sharon Steel Mill superfund site, the sustainably built campus will be the company’s primary technology and operations center. This modern and environmentally friendly technology center will enable Zions to continue to compete for the best technology talent in the state while providing team members with an exceptional work environment with features such as:
- Electric vehicle charging stations and close proximity to Historic Gardner Village UTA TRAX station.
- At least 75% of the building is powered by on-site renewable solar energy.
- Access to outdoor recreation, parks, trails, shareable bikes and locker rooms.
- Large modern cafe with a healthy and diverse menu.
- Healthy indoor environment with ample natural light and fresh air.
- LEED-certified sustainable building that features include the use of low VOC-emitting construction material
Zions Bancorporation is transforming what it means to work for a financial institution. We operate in a fast-paced, information-driven environment, which means we need people who bring diverse experiences, perspectives, and expertise to meet ever-changing demands. Your ability to adapt, learn innovate and collaborate with a dynamic team helps us provide exceptional service to our customers and communities.
Zions Bancorporation is committed to helping our employees grow, develop and advance in their career. Our Workforce of the Future, DEI and UpSkilling initiatives allow you to network across the organization, volunteer in our community, and build your technical and soft skills. We believe that investing in your success and well-being is an investment in our customers and our business.
Together we are building a culture that values diversity, celebrates growth and creates a space of belonging for all our team members. Our people are what set us apart and make us great.
Apply now if you have a passion for impactful outcomes, enjoy working collaboratively with co-workers, and want to make a difference for the clients and communities we serve.
$60000 - $90000
High School Diploma