Agency: U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
Position: Data Scientist (Data Officer), SK-1560-16
Promotion Potential: SK-16
Location: Washington, DC
Salary: $160,831 - $272,100 per year
Open & Close Dates: 05/09/2023 to 05/22/2023
Vacancies: One (1)
Job Link: https://sec.usajobs.gov/job/724462200
The Division of Investment Management (IM) works to support the SEC in its mission to protect investors, maintain fair, orderly, and efficient markets, and facilitate capital formation. IM regulates investment companies, variable insurance products, and federally registered investment advisers.
IM's Business Solutions and Technology Office is seeking to fill one Data Officer position in Washington, DC.
Conditions of Employment:
This position is open to U.S. Citizens.
Typical duties include:
- Develops and maintains the Division's data strategy and management in coordination with the Office of the Chief Data Officer, and in alignment with the SEC's overall Data Strategy. This includes standardization of data format, access, usage and sharing; publication of the Division's data assets; and adhering to SEC policies and industry best practices.
- Develops and prepares guidance on data management issues involving complex or sensitive data in precedent-setting situations under tight timeframes.
- Serves as the Division's senior adviser and subject matter expert on data science matters and data initiatives, governance, architecture, and services, providing advice and guidance to senior leadership and staff.
- Refer to the announcement on USAJOBS.gov for additional information.
Qualifying experience may be obtained in the private or public sector. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Qualifying education must have been obtained from an accredited college or university recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Degree: Mathematics, statistics, computer science, data science or field directly related to the position. The degree must be in a major field of study (at least at the baccalaureate level) that is appropriate for the position.
Combination of education and experience: Courses equivalent to a major field of study (30 semester hours) as shown in paragraph above, plus additional education or appropriate experience.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENT: In addition to meeting the basic requirement, applicants must also meet the minimum qualification requirement.
SK-16: Applicant must have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS/SK-14 level:
- Applying a wide range of data science and data management concepts, policies, and practices and implementing and managing solutions in the area of responsibility; AND
- Communicating on technically complex topics to a wide range of audiences in a variety of forums; AND
- Integrating emerging technologies and techniques in data science and analysis such as analytics, machine learning, and cloud computing, into organizational decision support systems and processes; AND
- Leading projects that support the full lifecycle of knowledge or data management activities which include how information is created, stored, shared and governed within an organization.
Official transcripts will be required at the time of appointment to verify education.
SEC Compensation Program: The overall salary range listed above is provided for informational purposes as it represents the full range that is applicable to current employees in this occupation/grade; however, a selectee's initial pay is always set below the maximum rate of the range. Please click here for additional information.
Additional guidance and application instructions can be found here: https://sec.usajobs.gov/job/724462200
- Salary: $160831 - $272100
- Citizenship: Us Citizen
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Partial Telecommute