Robotic Research has provided proven vehicle autonomy solutions and is a global leader in self-driving technology. Our AutoDrive® autonomy kit is designed to tackle the industry’s greatest challenges from GPS-denied environments to mixed-traffic and unpaved roads. The commercial division, RR.AI
, works with trusted OEM partners to deliver these autonomous solutions across the United States, Canada, Australia, Europe, and Saudi Arabia. Robotic Research designs and implements solutions that improve the efficiency and effectiveness of logistics, enhance situational awareness, and save lives through transformable robots, automated vehicles, and GPS-denied localization devices.
We offer a fast-paced start-up environment where innovation comes first, and a breadth and depth of skills, knowledge, and interests are highly valued. We are leading this dynamic revolution in technology with team members throughout the U.S including our main offices in Clarksburg, MD and San Antonio, TX.
Citizenship Requirements: US Citizenship required.
Clearance Requirements: This position may require a security clearance in the future. Applicants must be able to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance.
The JOB TITLE: Network Security Engineer possesses full lifecycle infrastructure and software-defined engineering expertise in building and managing an enterprise scale network architecture. You will also participate in architecture and design discussions on ensuring the network is software-defined, fungible, and codified wherever possible. In addition, you will be hands-on in helping us build and manage a truly software-defined state of the art hybrid cloud network that will enable our products to operate autonomously across the globe.
· Help engineer and operate SD-WAN and DDN (Defense in Depth) on-prem edge networking as a foundation to a SASE-based cloud-native network architecture that will connect AWS, Azure, VMware, and distributed edge compute infrastructure. (No legacy network designs please)
· Help provide the network engineering to allow for fully automated, secure, and fungible infrastructure consisting of containers and VMs for dev and product teams that can be deployed globally
· Ensure dedicated VLANs that are set up for specialized sensors and vehicles where they can be monitored and send secure encrypted telemetry both CONUS and OCONUS.
Required Skills & Abilities:
· At least 1 network certification (but must have a comfortable working knowledge of on-prem server technology, AWS and Azure)
· Experience in deploying and supporting a majority or in part some of a SASE architecture (ZTNA, SWG, CASB, FWaaS)
· Experience in network security and network infrastructure technology lifecycle management
· Working understanding of VMware SD-WAN, Debian Linux, Aruba, ZScaler, PAN
· Network/infrastructure-based CI/CD Pipelines that can be deployed using Terraform
· Hybrid Cloud-based networking and network security (eg SDWAN, WAF, CSG)
· Insatiable desire to learn very quickly
Education & Experience:
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering or related field
· 10+ years of experience in Information Technology
· 7+ years Network Engineering experience working within securing on-prem and multiple cloud platforms into a cohesive and secure network
· Experience with building and maintaining SASE implementations
· Forcepoint, Cisco, Fortinet, Palo Alto Networks, Checkpoint
· ZTNA design, engineering and implementations
· ZScaler implementations
· NAC solutions
Office Location: Clarksburg, MD
· Hybrid (1 day/week remote, 2 days/week remote, etc.) after on-site training
· Domestic and international travel may be required (10%)
Robotic Research is excited to offer the following benefits:
· Company holidays
· Flexible work schedules
· Paid time off
· Competitive medical, dental & vision plans
· 401k contribution plan with up to 4% match
· Employer paid short-term & long-term disability insurance
· Employer paid life insurance
· Voluntary life insurance
· Relocation reimbursement for qualifying situations
· Dog Friendly Office!
· Tuition reimbursement
· Discretional annual bonus and profit sharing
· Employee assistance program
All benefits are subject to change. Please discuss with a member of the Robotic Research HR team for details.
Employment is conditioned upon successful completion of a thorough background screening and drug test.
Diversity and Equal Opportunity Statement:At Robotic Research, we don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them! We strive to attract, develop and retain curious & highly qualified individuals representing a variety of backgrounds, cultures, skills & perspectives. Robotic Research is committed to building a diverse team and is proud to be and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.