In your role as a VP Security Engineering, you are the pre-sales leader for the EMEA Security Engineering team. As a member of the EMEA management team, you will work closely with the regional sales leaders, large accounts and top tier partners along with your team leaders and teams. You build trusted relationships between Vectra and our customers with the goal of helping them leverage Vectra’s solutions to detect and prevent advanced cyberattacks and breaches.
We are looking for a leader to inspire, organize and develop our pre-sales teams, provide pre-sales support as a domain and product expert and connect with C-level execs of our existing customers and prospects. Your guidance, expertise, and mentorship of your team of SEs will keep customers ahead of the latest cyberthreats and staying on the leading edge of detections capabilities.
Additionally, you will collaborate with the product management and engineering teams on new feature requests and product improvements based on the field insight and input.
This role could be based anywhere across EMEA.
- Lead technical resource through the sales process handing over to the customer success, continuous service and professional services team or partners upon completion.
- Pre-sales support and technical account management for Vectra's Regional Sales leadership.
- Providing RFP, RFI & Proof of Concept strategic guidance.
- Work internally with teams and EMEA management team relaying feedback on how best to improve the product and driving field process optimization and organization.
- Communicate cross functionally constantly to ensure all key stakeholders are in the loop about product functionality and product desires experienced in the field.
- Partner with the Product Management and R&D departments to develop features critical to Vectra's success.
- Maintain knowledge at a high technical level of the current security landscape.
- Develop and recruit new systems engineers and SE managers into the theatre, retaining and hiring the best talent in the industry.
- Support in developing and implementing programs to enable the technical partner community in EMEA.
- Support field systems engineer team in complex evaluations, problem-solving and challenging customer environments.
- Act as an escalation point for pre-sales and post-sales technical issues that arise making sure that customer satisfaction is at its highest.
- Build and maintain relationships with key customers to solidify reference accounts and to assist the account teams with defining plans to drive more business
- Present to customers, partners and in industry forums as our expert in your area at all levels in the customer hierarchy from technician to CISO/CIO.
- Lead conversations about industry trends and emerging changes to the security landscape that every customer needs to plan for.
- Travel as needed.
- Comfortable and thrive on pitching to enterprise C-level executives.
- 5+ years' Pre-Sales management experience.
- Large account management and escalation is required.
- Demonstrable experience of empowering the sales team.
- Strong understanding of Enterprise Security and SaaS Security technology.
- Industry knowledge of security product market trends and directional awareness of our roadmap and technology development efforts, knowledge of competitor offerings and products.
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills.
- Startup DNA is a must: willing and able to do "go the extra mile" with motivation to find solutions rather than call out problems.
- Fit with the Vectra values: Customer-first, No-drama team work, Integrity.
- 3+ years experience in technical or pre-sales support as a Security Engineer (or Sales Engineer).
- Strong understanding of an attacker progression (Red Team or Pentest) or strong understanding of Incident Response (Blue Team) methodologies.
- Understanding all and mastery of some of the Security Operations technology stack
- Deep understanding of the security operations and CERT functions at customers and MSSPs
- Strong understanding of a security-focused product line with the ability to translate into security best practices.
As a plus we are very impressed with:
- An understanding of Security Processes and methodologies (CISSP/...).
- Good understanding of Cloud Security.
- Good knowledge in networking and ability to understand L3 to L7 OSI layers.
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided