- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Full Telecommute
If you have a strong background in cyber threat research and analysis and are looking to be at the forefront of technical threat intelligence tracking, then we want to hear from you! The successful candidate should be an independent, critical thinker, skilled in using data to solve analytic problems and adept at satisfying intelligence requirements under tight deadlines. This role supports Mandiant’s Advanced Intelligence Access (AIA) program. The AIA program enables customers, via an onsite (remote in some cases) Senior Analyst, access to the totality of Mandiant’s Threat Intelligence, to include raw data. Each Senior Analyst ensures the delivery of actionable intelligence to each customer’s security or operational environments in order to drive decision making and decisive action. The Senior Analyst also acts as a conduit to FireEye Mandiant’s extensive network of cyber security, threat intelligence, and information operations professionals. This is an onsite, client facing position. Remote work is not authorized.
- Evaluate current and emerging tools and best-practices for tracking advanced persistent threats; tools, techniques, and procedures (TTPs) of attacker’s motivations, industry and attacker trends.
- Perform strategic, tactical, and operational research and analysis of adversarial cyber threats.
- Correlate intelligence, to develop deeper understandings of tracked threat activity.
- Present tactical and strategic intelligence about threat groups, the methodologies they use, and the motivations behind their activity.
- Work with customers to determine their intelligence needs and requirements.
- Convey both verbally and in writing the importance of findings for a variety of audiences.
- Prepare and deliver briefings and reports to the client’s executives, security team, or fellow analysts.
- Ability to work with little direct oversight.
- 5 + years of experience in an analytical role (network forensics analyst, intelligence threat analyst, or security engineer/ consultant).
- 5 + years working in a customer-facing environment.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to present to a variety of internal audiences including senior executives.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Proven track record of successfully managing and executing on short term and long-term projects.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to prioritize and execute in a methodical and disciplined manner.
- Ability to set and manage expectations with senior stake-holders and team members.
- Demonstrated ability to manage customer relationships.
- 5+ years of experience in evaluating host and network forensic reports of electronic media, packet capture, log data analysis, malware triage and network devices in support of intrusion analysis or enterprise level information security operations.
- Excellent knowledge of adversarial cyber actors, to include tactics, techniques, and procedures.
- Excellent knowledge of security solutions and technologies, including: Windows, Linux, Network architecture / implementation / configuration.
- Experience conducting analysis of firewall technologies, proxy technologies, anti-virus, or spam and spyware solutions (Gateway and SaaS).
- Experience in working with threat modeling systems
- Experience utilizing open source tools for analysis
- Experience with Industrial Control Systems / Operational Technology preferred.
- Master’s or other professional degree preferred.
- Malware/security experience and experience with FireEye products, highly desired.
- Experience working in a investigative or incident response environment.
- Program management or business experience
At Mandiant we are committed to our #OneTeam approach combining diversity, collaboration, and excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
This is a regionally-based role that must be located in Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, or Vermont. Candidates must will be willing to travel into NYC, NY when required.