- Salary: $125000 - $150000
- Citizenship: Us Citizen
- Incentives: Bonus
- Education: Bachelors Degree
- Travel: No Travel
- Telework: Full Telecommute
Voreas Laboratories Incorporated (VLI) is a stealth-mode technology startup based in Atlanta, GA. The core company competency is in massive-scale network analytics and cyber-attribution, based on work funded by DARPA and DHS projects at Georgia Tech. Through data partnerships and technology development, VLI collects, organizes, and provides actionable operational insights to its partners and customers. While the bulk of the company business is currently supported by the Department of Defense, the company is working with private sector partners and is seeking to diversify and expand its customer base and offerings. The company’s analytic work spans Red, Grey, and Blue networks and associated data, working with a variety of service providers to provide timely, precise, and privacy-preserving insights into cyberthreat activity.
The Cyber Threat Analyst position supports the Research team by applying their knowledge to mine, identify, track, and manage threat activity within in-house as well as industry-standard frameworks. A successful Cyber Threat Analyst will leverage an existing understanding of malicious criminal and nation-state Internet activities to “find the signal in the noise” within large volumes of grey space data made available to them. Additional expectations include coordination within internal teams, coordination across internal teams, and production of external deliverables.
Competitive pay commensurate with experience.
- Datamine new and existing threats
- Analyze threats
- Monitor and manage threat activity information
- Previous experience in a cyber threat analyst, research, incident response, or similar technical capacity
- IT industry experience with some exposure to internet security
- Knowledge of malware and APTs
- Understanding of TCP/IP networking and security
- Experience working with Netflow, DNS, and other network metadata
- Scripting language and automation skills