XOR Security is actively seeking a Senior Cybersecurity Analyst to enable our operational counterparts advanced analytics support to promote the rapid analysis of national level cyber threats and incidents. The ideal candidate will provide technical support of a 24x7 cyber program in the areas of incident response, insider threat investigations, forensics, cyber threats and information security.
Corporate duties such as solution/proposal development, corporate culture development, mentoring employees, supporting recruiting efforts, will also be required.
Position is contingent on successfully completing a program-based background investigation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Cyber Security, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering.
- Demonstrated understanding of incident response, insider threat investigations, forensics, cyber threats and information security.
- A minimum of seven (7) years of professional experience with a solid understanding of incident response, insider threat investigations, forensics, cyber threats and information security.
- A minimum of five (5) years of hands-on experience with experience in the last two (2) years that includes host-based and network-based security monitoring, identifying and analyzing anomalous activities with familiarity in insider threat monitoring software, host- based forensic tools, intrusion detection systems, intrusion analysis functions, security information event management (SIEM) platforms, endpoint threat detection tools, security operations ticket management.
- Experience creating insider threat focused dashboards, reports and workflow diagrams.
- Experience collecting data and reporting results; handling and escalating security issues or emergency situations appropriately; providing incident response capabilities to isolate and mitigate threats to maintain confidentiality, integrity, and availability for protected data.
- Experience with ad-hoc training to junior, mid, senior members of a cyber work force in a collaborative environment.
- Subject matter expert in the field of digital media exploitation or forensics.
- Existing Subject Matter Expertise of Advanced Persistent Threat or Emerging Threats.
- Proficiency in utilizing various packet capture (PCAP) applications/engines and in the analysis of PCAP data.
- Ability to work on-call during critical incidents or to support coverage requirements (including weekends and holidays when required).
- Experience supporting a SOC program in incident response tools and techniques, specifically with forensics tools such as EnCase, Forensic Toolkit, etc.
- Experience with static and dynamic malware analysis, including reverse engineering of binaries.
- Familiarity with coding, scripting languages (BASH, Powershell, Python, PERL, RUBY etc.) or software development frameworks (.NET).
- Previous hands-on experience with a Security Information and Event Monitoring (SIEM) platforms, Data Loss Prevention (DLP) systems, and log management systems that perform log collection, analysis, correlation, and alerting is required (preferably within Splunk or ArcSight).
- Ability to develop rules, filters, views, signatures, countermeasures and operationally relevant applications and scripts to support analysis and detection efforts.
- Understanding of hardware configurations and comfort with disassembling and reassembling computers and periphery devices.
- Expert understanding of computer file systems, hard drive architecture and connection types.
- In-depth experience with file system forensics, registry analysis, Internet history analysis, steganography and encryption detection and analysis, forensic media imaging, timeline analysis, email analysis, signature/hash analysis.
- Ability and experience extracting and managing complex large data sets.
- Strong documentation and written communication skills with technical report writing experience
- Active CISSP.
- One or more of the following certifications: GCIA, GCIH, GCFA, GCED, or other Information Assurance Technician (IAT) Level III certification (CASP+ CE, CCNP Security, CISA, CCSP).
- Experience managing a technical team
- Advanced troubleshooting skills
- Hard drive and/or cellular phone repair skills
- Forensic tool and script development
- Metadata extraction and analysis
- Network and intrusion analysis
- Mobile/Cellular device analysis
- Forensic video analysis
- Digital forensic instructor
- Software development
- Database analysis/development
- Reverse engineering
- Application analysis
- Network forensics
- Intrusion analysis
- Intelligence analysis
- Social networking analysis
- Law enforcement investigation
- Finished intelligence report writing
XOR Security offers a very competitive benefits package including paid health insurance coverage from first day of employment, 401k with a vested company match, vacation and supplemental insurance benefits.
XOR Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V.
Citizenship Clearance Requirement
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation - Applicants must meet eligibility requirements – US CITIZENSHIP.
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided