As the Sr. Firmware Engineer - Cybersecurity, you will be responsible for Cybersecurity as it relates to embedded software development, design and processes for new product development and life cycle management of existing products. The primary job focus will be identification and creation of processes that are linked with the product creation process at Phoenix Contact. You will lead the software development team in implementation and application of process requirements specified in the IEC 62443 standard, software product security features and cybersecurity best practices.
- Drives the adoption of Cybersecurity technology, processes, and best practices for the department
- Identifies and specifies Cybersecurity features and requirements for new products
- Works with System Architects and Technical Leads in the application of Cybersecurity concepts for new platforms and products
- Writes documentation that defines cybersecurity processes and ways of working that support IEC 62443 initiatives and best practices
- Leads the rollout of Cybersecurity processes as it relates to the development of software for new products that are certified to the IEC 62443 standard
- Research applicable emerging technologies as it relates to Cybersecurity
- Acts as subject matter expert for key security technologies used in the Industrial Automation space
- Works together with both global and local engineering teams to maintain knowledge of programs, peer technologies and processes
- BS (MS/ME preferred) in Computer Science or related field is Required
- Expert level knowledge / experience (8+ years) developing firmware/software for high reliability applications (Industrial, Automotive, Medical, Defense, etc.)
- Skills in writing requirements and concept documentation
- Demonstrated ability to conceptualize and create innovative solutions
- Experience with industry best practices in firmware / software development and quality assurance
- Knowledge of product security concepts, threat & risk analysis, penetration testing, PSIRT, etc.
- Knowledge of the IEC 62443 industry standard or similar Cybersecurity standards
- Knowledge of OT and IT network technologies and application
- Knowledge of web and cloud security technologies
- Experience with requirements traceability and V-model development
- Experience using application lifecycle management (ALM) software
- Experience with Ethernet based industrial communication networks
- 3+ years’ experience leading development teams and working within cross-functional groups to successfully bring products to market
Must Be Able To…
- Travel by air, domestic and overseas
- Sit for extended periods of time
- Communicate effectively in English
- Lift 25 lbs.
What’s in it for you?
Phoenix Contact offers a generous benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision coverage, 401k matching, and a generous time off package. There are also a wide variety of additional benefits available including 16 weeks fully paid maternity leave & 10 weeks fully paid paternity leave, life insurance, short & long-term disability, on-site gym access, health & wellbeing center, on-site café, walking trails, tuition assistance, and more!
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided