As the world around us becomes more connected and more digital, there are increased opportunities for fraud and disruption due to cybersecurity attacks. The need for companies, products, and services to be secure is more important than ever in this constantly changing landscape.
Are you passionate about keeping good people safe from bad actors? We are too! We are HP Cybersecurity and we are tasked with the security of the HP enterprise. As HP continues our digital transformation, the work of the cybersecurity professional is never complete and is always interesting. Come be a part of making a difference with us!
The Cybersecurity Threat Intelligence Analyst is charged with advancing our knowledge of adversary intent, opportunity, and capability to cause harm to HP's global business. They are responsible for the collection, analysis, and dissemination of Cyber Threat Intel, enabling both internal Cybersecurity teams to focus prevention and detection efforts as well as enabling the business to better make informed, risk-based decisions.
What a Cybersecurity Threat Intelligence Analyst does at HP:
- Collect, process and integrate threat intelligence from internal and external sources with HP’s threat intelligence platform
- Create and refine mechanisms to integrate threat intelligence into other Cybersecurity tools and processes
- Apply experience, knowledge and tools to provide intelligence and malware analysis support to Incident Response Analysts during investigations and recommend remediations
- Provide detailed intelligence analysis reports, advisories and presentations to Cybersecurity leadership and executive audiences
- Identify gaps in both processes and technology, develop capabilities to enhance existing cyber threat intelligence functions
Individuals who thrive in this role at HP, typically have:
- Minimum 5 years in one or more of the following cybersecurity functions:
- Cyber Threat Intelligence
- Digital Forensics / Incident Response
- Malware Analysis / Reverse Engineering
- Experience implementing and using a Threat Intelligence Platform to collect, enrich and distribute indicators across various platforms.
- Experience tracking and reporting on threat actor techniques, tools and procedures.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and comfort presenting information technical and non-technical audiences.
- Tool development and scripting experience in common programming languages such as Python, Go or PowerShell.
- A mindset of continuous growth, curiosity, and asking WHY?
Nice to haves:
- Ability to connect and pivot off of Indicators of Compromise / Indicators of Attack to track timeline and impacted systems during a compromise.
- Ability to analyze and identify malware to extract IOCs and IOAs
- Analysis of TTPs associated with targeted and non-targeted threat actors
- Technical Cyber Security Certification through one of the recognized bodies preferred: SANS, ISACA, (ICS)2, etc.
About the Team:
Our Cybersecurity Threat Intelligence analysts are part of the Engineering, Innovation and Threat Intelligence team in HP’s Enterprise Security Operations organization, enabling optimal communication and collaboration with closely related functions. Our mission is simple to express – find the Bad Guys! – but challenging to execute. You can become a key part in ensuring our success!
As a CTI analyst, you will also have the opportunity to interface with other Cybersecurity functions – Vulnerability Management, Risk Management, etc., using your knowledge to enable other teams to make better, more informed decisions.
HP is an equal opportunity employer: https://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/GetDocument.aspx?docname=c08129225
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided