Who is SimSpace:
SimSpace launched in 2015 with a singular purpose – addressing the most urgent and sophisticated cybersecurity challenges to reduce risk for our most vulnerable and valuable infrastructure. The organizations around the world that we depend on every day to keep our loved ones safe and secure. Our healthcare facilities, schools, financial institutions, transit centers, grocery stores, and workplaces just to name a few. To deliver global resiliency, we provide an elite cyber range platform to curate unassailable cyber defenses, data driven decisions, cutting edge training labs, live attack scenarios, and extensive individual and dynamic team readiness training.
SimSpace works as OneTeam to elevate humanity around the world. We are committed to continuously improving and delivering a cultivated member experience whether that is accomplished through focusing on supporting our client's teams or our own mission driven SimSpacers.
We are hybrid, remote, and in-person with offices in Boston's Fort Point and Maryland. We also have offices in the UK, Germany, Israel, Australia, Czech Republic, Japan, Singapore, and Egypt. If you are interested in elevating the technology and creative solutions necessary to secure and safeguard our future while working alongside others who share your passion for purpose and development, we want to meet you!
Why should you choose a career at SimSpace?
We are an organization that is focused on building our culture and mindfully enhancing our atmosphere everyday which is why we have collaborated on an integral value system. Our governing philosophy of being Human Centered is deeply embedded within our value system. We apply this philosophy to every one of our internal team members, external clients, and their customers.
Our core values are:
- Serve to Protect – We provide safe space, deliver on the mission, and elevate humanity
- Acquire Understanding – We seek and provide clarity 10x, cultivate comprehension, and believe information goes
- Inspiration Leads to Inspiration – We stay curious, practice consistency over intensity, and continue to be the change we need in the world
- Teamwork Without Borders – We are never alone, we solve for all, and keep people at the heart of everything we do
We are looking for:
A Senior Site Reliability Engineer to join our Product Engineering team to help support the development of our cybersecurity training and assessment solutions. You will ensure our products and services for cyber security testing, training, assessments, and tool development are always available for our users.
What will you be doing as a Senior Site Reliability Engineer at SimSpace?
- Run the production environment, monitor availability and take a holistic view of system health
- Engage with software engineering teams to help develop software for reliability and scale
- Measure and optimize system performance, with an eye toward advancing our capabilities
- Provide primary operational support and engineering for multiple large, distributed software applications and content delivery systems
- Design, develop, test and deliver automation of manual operational work
- Troubleshoot priority incidents, facilitate blameless postmortems and ensure permanent closure of incidents
- Client hours are 9am-5pm eastern. This position is primarily remote but will provide off-hour support coverage if/when emergent situations arise.
What are the qualifications to apply? To be successful as a Senior Site Reliability Engineer, you need to:
- Experience with Kubernetes (Kustomize, Helm) in production
- Experience with observability platforms (Prometheus, Grafana, ELK, Datadog, etc.)
- Experience writing code in Shell, Go, Python or a similar language
- Experience with distributed storage technologies like NFS, S3
- Experience with VMWare and AWS, GCP (or other public cloud platform)
- A proactive approach to spotting problems, areas for improvement, and performance bottlenecks
- Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills
- At least 5 years of experience in production environments
Great to have, but not required:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or other highly technical, scientific discipline
- Experience working on enterprise products within Cloud, SaaS, and on-premises for enterprise companies
We provide the following:
- Salary Range $150,000-$170,000
- Benefits that start on first day of hire (medical, dental, company-paid vision, savings and spending accounts, Employee Assistance Program, company-paid Life and AD&D Insurance)
- 401k match with immediate vesting
- Unlimited paid time off
- Equity options at hire and potential for additional based on performance
- Generous employee referral bonus program
- Peloton Interactive Wellness Program
- Semi-flexible hours, with the expectation that you overlap the main part of the day to meet deadlines, collaborate with colleagues and attend key meetings.
SimSpace is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
SimSpace does not and shall not discriminate based on race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression and identity, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military/veteran status, in any of its activities or operations. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients.
Research shows that women and people from underrepresented groups only apply to jobs if they meet all of the qualifications. However, no one ever meets 100% of the qualifications. SimSpace encourages you to break that statistic and to apply. We look forward to your application!
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/8M5n5QfDkXr2jCOVxSye2d
- Salary: $150000 - $170000
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided