We're looking to add a new node to the Product Marketing cluster, leading competitive intelligence activities across the Elastic security portfolio. In this role, you will be working closely across product marketing, product management, sales, solution architects, and other internal teams to deliver insights, trends, and recommendations on a regular cadence to improve Elastic’s competitive edge. You will be responsible for analyzing Elastic’s constantly evolving landscape to inform both strategic and tactical decision makers throughout the company.
To be successful in this role, you will need to be comfortable working with cross-functional teams and learning from their respective areas, using tools and outside firms to analyze the competition, and serving as the primary resource for security competitive questions. In the age of continuous delivery and cloud services, you should be comfortable with executing multiple work streams, adapting to constant change, and building analysis with energy and passion.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Serve as the resident specialist for all technical aspects of competitive analysis across the security landscape.
- Gather intelligence about the competition through primary and secondary collection methods, including attending industry conferences.
- Analyze findings and develop Elastic’s competitive positioning and messaging.
- Collaborating with sales and marketing to develop sales-forced competitive collateral to educate internal teams on Elastic’s strengths and weaknesses.
- Provide an objective assessment of Elastic’s true competitive position as well as provide recommendations to internal teams to increase Elastic’s competitive edge.
- Assist with and participate in product launches, product demonstrations, partner/customer conferences, and planning sessions.
- Expect less than 20% travel.
What You Bring Along:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field or equivalent work experience.
- 10+ years of experience working in the information security industry in a technical capacity.
- Strong technical knowledge with a genuine curiosity to learn new technologies.
- Scripting and programming experience.
- Self-starter with a collaborative work style.
- Ability to lead, prioritize, and multi-task in a fast-paced environment with minimal direction.
- Outstanding written and verbal presentation skills with proven ability to optimally present to a wide variety of audiences.
- Ability to build effective work relationships at all levels within Elastic.
- 7+ years of experience analyzing security companies and deep expertise of the security industry.
- CISSP or other Security industry certifications
- Operator-level experience with Elastic products.
- Hands-on experience installing or maintaining security tools.
- Competitive intelligence certification (i.e., CIP).
- Member of Strategic and Competitive Intelligence Professionals (SCIP)
- Passion for Elastic solutions.
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided