At MyFitnessPal, our vision is to be the global catalyst for every “body” to achieve their healthy. We believe fitness starts with what you eat. We provide the tools and resources to reach your fitness goals.
We are looking for a Security Analyst to join the MyFitnessPal team. Our users rely on MyFitnessPal to power their health and fitness journeys every day. You will leverage your technical skills to secure the people, systems, and processes that drive the MyFitnessPal ecosystem. In addition to technical expertise, you’ll find that your teammates value collaboration, mentorship, and inclusive environments.
What you’ll be doing:
You will be responsible for investigating, monitoring, and maintaining technical IT Security controls for our 160-person and growing business. As a member of the IT Security team, you’ll work cross-functionally with IT, Engineering, and Product to strengthen and grow information security programs enterprise wide. This role is a good opportunity for junior security professionals looking to broaden their expertise and receive mentorship and training.
Reporting to the Director, Security & IT, you will validate and maintain programs for security policies, security awareness, and access controls. You will monitor our security posture, respond to vulnerabilities, and eradicate threats. Additionally, you will have opportunities to assist with the selection and implementation of security-related technology. This is a hands-on technical position, and you will have opportunities to work with vendors, research new technologies, and implement detection and response capabilities.
Qualifications to be successful in this role:
- Willingness to maintain security programs and drive improvements in process efficiency
- Experience with Security tools including: vulnerability scanners, endpoint protection (EDR), SIEM, and email protection
- Experience performing security alert triage, investigations, and incident response
- Experience with automating security processes is a plus (e.g., Python, SOAR, workflows)
- Good communication skills, enabling collaboration across cross-functional teams
- Familiarity with current and emerging threats, vulnerabilities, and attack vectors used to compromise enterprise infrastructure
- Familiarity with IT controls, including security concepts and terminology related to applications, operating systems, and IT operations
- Ability & desire to learn new product lines and technologies quickly & efficiently
- Experience writing documentation describing technical controls and procedures is a plus
- Education and/or certifications equivalent to BS in Computer Science or IS related field, GIAC (e.g., GCIH, GCFA), OSCP, Security+ or vendor-specific certifications are a plus
Please consider applying even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications. Research shows you can still be considered for a position if you meet some of the requirements. At MyFitnessPal, we’re building a fitness product for everyone and believe our team should reflect that. We encourage people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply.
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided