Arcadia is the technology company empowering energy innovators and consumers to fight the climate crisis. Our software and APIs are revolutionizing an industry held back by outdated systems and institutions by creating unprecedented access to the data and clean energy needed to make a decarbonized energy grid possible.
In 2014, Arcadia set out on its mission to break the fossil fuel monopoly and since then we have been knocking down the institutional barriers to unlock decarbonization. To date, we have connected hundreds of thousands of consumers and small businesses with high-quality clean energy options. Fast forward to today, and now, we’re thinking even bigger. We have launched Arc, an industry-defining SaaS platform that empowers developers and energy innovators to deliver their own custom, personalized energy experiences, accelerating the transformation of the industry from an analog energy system into a digitized information network.
Tackling one of the world’s biggest challenges requires out-of-the-box thinking & diverse perspectives. We’re building a team of individuals from different backgrounds, industries, & educational experiences. If you share our passion for ushering in the era of the clean electron, we look forward to learning what you would uniquely bring to Arcadia!
What we’re looking for:
We are seeking Security Engineers to protect and defend Arcadia against cyber threats. This role requires leading and executing a growing slate of activities related to technical security, including cyber defense, threat hunting, product security, and response.
Arcadia is headquartered in Washington, DC, and open to fully remote candidates.
What you'll do:
- Strategy: Advance Arcadia security engineering activities toward a modern and strategic program that is people-centric and directly connected to business value.
- Solutions and operations: Design, implement, and lead the operation of technical security processes and platforms (e.g., SIEM/SOAR/XDR, WAF/RASP, IAM/SSO/MFA, etc).
- SDLC: Partner closely with engineering colleagues on secure development practices (e.g., threat modeling, architecture, code reviews, etc).
- SME: Serve as a primary subject matter expert on technical security matters.
- DevSecOps: Champion solutions that are secure, scalable, automated, and empowering to developers.
- Threat hunting: Lead and design automations for threat detection and response.
- Technical leadership: Foster an inclusive team environment, provide technical direction, and support the career and technical advancement of your teammates.
- Quantify: Generate data/metrics to understand the effectiveness of Arcadia’s security program, assess risk, and track progress.
- Compliance: Support technical efforts related to InfoSec compliance (e.g., SOC 2, PCI, etc).
- Collaborate: Generate trust and maintain alignment with key stakeholders, including Product, Legal, SRE, InfoSec GRC, and IT Security.
What will help you succeed:
- 5-7+ years of experience in security engineering.
- High empathy and a commitment to inclusivity.
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Experience working in DevOps environments and microservice architectures.
- Experience with detection and response processes and tooling.
- Experience implementing defensive product controls (e.g., network controls, WAF/RASP, secrets management, etc).
- Experience securing AWS and Kubernetes.
- Programming experience in Ruby, Python, Go, or similar languages.
- Analytical and creative mindset for solving problems.
- Orientation around delivering security results that are aligned with business needs.
- Hands-on experience with AWS, EKS, Datadog, and Okta.
- Experience with integrating companies through mergers and acquisitions.
- "Remote first" culture - work anywhere in the US as long as you have a reliable internet connection
- Flexible PTO - no accrued hours and no limit on the number of vacation days employees can take each year
- 15 annual company-wide holidays including a week long "summer break"
- 10 days sick leave
- Up to 4 weeks bereavement leave
- 2 volunteer days off
- 2 professional development days off
- 12 weeks paid parental leave for all parents
- Weekly "flex time" - no internal meetings on Tuesdays and Friday afternoons
- 80-95% employer cost coverage for medical, dental, and vision benefits for employees and dependents
- Annual budget to use on conferences, books, classes, workshops or anything that contributes to professional development
- A supportive engineering culture that values diversity, empathy, teamwork, trust, and efficiency
Eliminating carbon footprints, eliminating carbon copies.
Here at Arcadia, we cultivate diversity, celebrate individuality, and believe unique perspectives are key to our collective success in creating a clean energy future. Arcadia is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. While we are currently unable to consider candidates who will require visa sponsorship, we welcome applications from all qualified candidates eligible to work in the United States.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided