What you'll do
· Ongoing maintenance and improvements/tuning of automated incident response processes.
· Assessing and analyzing prior incidents for operational improvements, whether automated or manual.
· Keeping existing runbooks up to date and creating new runbooks to improve processes/coverage
· Security process improvement
· Understand the portfolio of technologies used in threat detection and response as well as other cybersecurity areas, with an eye towards actively identifying automation opportunities and areas of improvement within the processes of SCE's Cybersecurity teams with the goal of decreasing response times, increasing effectiveness and streamlining security operations
· Work independently and with cross-functional teams representing the security automation team as the subject matter expert in technical areas and products owned by the team to help prioritize automation efforts for the internal cyberdefense teams.
· Set technical direction and lead the design, implementation and maintenance of automation processes and projects related to security events through SOAR playbooks and custom automation tools (primarily in Python and PowerShell).
· Lead efforts to design and implement the capability to track, monitor and report meaningful metrics for the Security Automation program and assist with the efforts for the delivery of accurate metrics for the rest of SCE's Cybersecurity organization.
· Author project plans and documentation related to the automation of workflows for detection/response procedures.
· 2-5 years experience
· Knowledge of web-services such as API and REST
· Experience with GIT or other version control systems
· Basic understanding of the Security automation (SOAR) principles. As a bonus – ability to implement automated solutions outside of the scope of SOAR.
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
· Proven ability to communicate to a technical and non-technical audience (i.e. conference presentations). Experience with executive-level communications is a plus.
- Salary: $108000 - $162000
- Citizenship: Us Citizen
- Incentives: Bonus
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: No Travel
- Telework: Hybrid Telecommute