Mandiant is a recognized leader in cyber security expertise and has earned the trust of security professionals and company executives around the world. Our unique combination of renowned frontline experience, nation-state grade threat intelligence, machine intelligence, and the industry's best security validation ensures that Mandiant knows more about today's advanced threats than anyone. Mandiant partners with Federal Governments across the globe to protect their national security interests, guarding nation-state secrets, and defending critical infrastructure from cyber-attacks. Our experience has provided us with a unique understanding of the challenges Federal Governments face, and we systematically align our solution and product development cycles to meet their needs. Mandiant isn’t just focused on one threat vector or adversary type. We counter all evolving cyber threats facing public and private sector organizations around the globe.
The SOC Analyst is responsible for initial analysis and primary triage of events reported through automatic or manual alerting systems; to include responsibility for resolution and coordination of lower severity cybersecurity incidents as part of a 24x7 operation. They also acts as a supporting role to the sponsor CERT in the event of Critical or High Severity Incidents, validated and managed by the Incident Response - Senior SOC Analyst.
- Analyze all new alerts generated by correlation/alerting tools and other external alert sources.
- Review SOC dashboards for anomalous activity.
- Escalate complex/unusual incidents to the TIER 2 Analyst Team.
- Lead response efforts to low severity incidents.
- Support the response to high and medium severity security incidents as directed
- SECRET/TOP SECRET Clearance
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college and four years of satisfactory full-time experience related to projects and policies required by the position; OR
- Education and/or experience which is equivalent to the above
- DoD 8570 Certification
- Security+ or similar Cyber Security/Incident Response Certifications.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Experience analyzing, triaging, and remediation common information security incidents.
- Understanding of common attacker tactics, tools, and techniques.
- Strong analytical and investigative mindset.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize, and multitask.
As a U.S. federal contractor, Mandiant has adopted a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy to comply with our obligations under applicable laws and requirements. This position may be covered under Mandiant’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, as required in order to support federal contracts, access company offices and/or attend in-person meetings and work events. If covered under this policy, proof of vaccination against COVID-19 may be required as a condition of hire.
At Mandiant we are committed to our #OneTeam approach combining diversity, collaboration, and excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
This position must be located in the Washington DC/Metro area.
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Full Telecommute