$150000 - $160000
We are looking for a security engineer to provide security consulting services for projects across NBCU businesses. The Security Engineer will be responsible for helping to recommend technical cyber defenses for an intelligence-driven media industry leader. They will function as a technical subject matter expert for various Cyber Security areas and will partner with engineering teams across the organization. Security engineers interact regularly with Cyber Security leadership and Enterprise Information Technology teams and must be able to effectively communicate the importance of key programs and services within the NBCUniversal Cyber Security Organization to obtain support, trust and buy-in from the business.
· You should understand and be able to explain common threats to common technology/architecture components including: web & software applications, microservices, containers, orchestration platforms, common operating systems, CI/CD pipelines, auth systems, serverless computing, data stores, and networks/IaaS. You should be experienced in securing one or more and be able to research the others and make recommendations.
· You should possess strong written and verbal communication skills, with an ability to discuss the what and why of complex technical concepts at various levels.
· You should be able to map identified threats to industry frameworks and apply NBCU’s controls appropriately. You should be well-versed in at least one framework, like Mitre ATT&CK. You should understand the most common industry-standard security controls, be able to learn NBCU’s current security stack, and be aware of newer, next-gen controls.
· You should have empathy for customers and engineers when designing security requirements.
· You should be able to recommend security measures that are operationally feasible, but also keep our customers safe and allow the product to rapidly evolve.
· As a senior security engineer, you should feel comfortable reviewing the work of junior engineers and be able to provide constructive, respectful feedback to improve their recommendations.
· You should be able to mentor and provide advice to junior engineers.