- Citizenship: Us Citizen
- Incentives: Bonus
- Education: Bachelors Degree
- Travel: No Travel
- Telework: Full Telecommute
When you step into SEI – anywhere in the world – you know you’re not inside a traditional financial services company. We have no offices. Our open innovation spaces spur creativity, the provocative artwork inspires conversation, and the flexible work-life balance drives personal and professional growth. We are a place to inspire your work, build your voice, and grow your community. We’re different. And we’re proud of it.
SEI has an opportunity for a senior security engineer to work within SEI’s Information Security Operations Team. Your primary focus is to identify and create solutions to assist the team in protecting the information assets of SEI and its clients. You will participate in daily security operations functions, including but not limited to utilization of SEI’s dataset of internally collected information to enhance the security operations capabilities.
You will be responsible for expanding SEI’s existing information security toolsets and creating solutions to address emerging threats and/or mitigate current weaknesses. This will require you to keep abreast of the ever changing threats against the organization through research and active community involvement. The role is seen as a force multiplier focused on assisting the information security team to be more efficient, accurate and effective in the protection of SEI’s information assets and those of its clients.
What you’ll do:
· Maintain active participation in multiple threat intelligence communities
· Conduct research into threats, campaigns and actors and implements improvements to counter those threats
· Conduct research into internal datasets, participates in enhancements to existing datasets (tagging) and analysis/hunting to identify new and existing threats to create countermeasures
· Participate in daily security operations processing tickets
· Assist or lead development of internally built tools and analysis of Commercial/Off the Shelf (COTs) solutions for implementation
· Conduct technical analysis and assessments of security related incidents, including malware analysis, network level analysis, and system level forensic analysis
· Create signatures for existing toolsets to increase collections visibility
· Provide technical leadership for security projects
· Interact effectively with other SEI teams
What you bring to the table:
· B.S. in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
· A minimum of 10 years of experience in Information Security focus areas
· A minimum of 5 years of experience in Security Operations focus areas, including incident response, automation, forensics (network and/or endpoint), data analytics, reverse engineering or threat intelligence, or any combination of these
· Strong Linux and scripting language skills
· Experience with Graylog, Elasticsearch, Ruby, Perl or Python
· Strong understanding of network infrastructure and communication is required
· Project management experience
Attributes we value:
· Customer service and client management experience
· Problem solving skills, organizational and analytical skills
· Written and verbal communication skills appropriate for a professional work environment
· Ability to identify, resolve and escalate problems
· Ability to work independently and with others in an effective and professional manner
· Ability to think clearly in occasional high stress situations
· Ability to utilize many different sources of information to create and communicate a clear picture of what happened to management
SEI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and so much more…
After 50 years in business, SEI is a leading global provider of investment processing, investment management, and investment operations solutions. Reflecting our experience within financial services and financial technology our Oaks, PA office encompasses an open floor plan and numerous art installations designed to encourage innovation and creativity in our workforce. We recognize that our people are our most valuable asset and that a healthy, happy, and motivated workforce is key to our continued growth. At SEI, we’re (literally) invested in your success. We offer our employees paid parental leave, back-up childcare arrangements, paid volunteer days, education assistance and access to thriving employee networks.
SEI is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.