Network Security Engineer (VPN & Remote Access)
WHO WE ARE:
EOS IT Solutions is a Global Technology and Logistics company, providing Collaboration and Business IT Support services to some of the world’s largest industry leaders, delivering forward-thinking solutions based on multi-domain architecture. Customer satisfaction and commitment to superior quality of service are our top business priorities, along with investing in and supporting our partners and employees.
We are a true International IT provider and are proud to deliver our services through global simplicity with trusted transparency.
The successful candidate will be enthusiastic and passionate about IT and Networking. Working as part of an expanding company, members of the Network Engineering Team will have opportunities to work on their own initiative as well as part of a team and can expect to be developed to their maximum of their potential.
The role specifically involves working as a Network Engineer, supporting a large-scale enterprise network infrastructure for one of our global customers. Specifically the role will be supporting VPN & Remote Access.
Hours: Mon - Fri 9:00am to 6:00pm including an On-call schedule.
Key Responsibilities and Experience
- Contribute to the design, implementation, and ongoing management of the corporate network.
- Be a subject matter expert for VPN. This includes improvements of VPN configurations, ongoing maintenance and bringing up new devices.
- Develop automated methods to mitigate and remediate network events and minimize operational complexity.
- Work with global operations teams to identify and remedy issues with new sites while minimizing impact to employees on site.
- Optimize the network in every way possible.
- 4+ years of experience with Layer 2 Switching protocols as well as IPv6, STP, LACP, ECMP, 802.1[d|s|w], and 802.1x.
- Solid understanding of routing protocols such as OSPF, BGP, and VRFs.
- 2+ years of experience with VPN technologies (DVMRP, GRE, IPSec/SSL VPNs)
- 2+ years of experience with stateful firewalls, non-stateful filtering and packet inspection.
- 1+ years of experience in programming or scripting to automate/build etc.
- Working Knowledge of Cisco Anyconnect and able to decode the event logs.
- Networking Certifications such as CCNP Enterprise or CCNP Security
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to configure and troubleshoot routing/switching technologies including TCP/IP, BGP, OSPF, HSRP, VRRP and IPV6 in an enterprise class environment
- Strong working knowledge of security features such as ACL, Firewall, dynamic ARP inspection, 802.1X
- Scripting knowledge is an advantage (Python, jinja2, Unix, Bash)
- Requires working knowledge of vendor products such as Cisco (FPR, Cat9K, ASR, NCS), Juniper (QFX, EX, SRX), Aruba, HPE, BlueCat, and others
- Strong ability to collaborate with cross functional teams such as network, security, voice/video, and facilities
- Use automation to generate IP/IPv6 addressing, DNS entries, DHCP scopes, equipment configurations
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant area
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided