Mandiant is a recognized leader in cyber security expertise and has earned the trust of security professionals and company executives around the world. Our unique combination of renowned frontline experience, nation-state grade threat intelligence, machine intelligence, and the industry's best security validation ensures that Mandiant knows more about today's advanced threats than anyone. Mandiant partners with Federal Governments across the globe to protect their national security interests, guarding nation-state secrets, and defending critical infrastructure from cyber-attacks. Our experience has provided us with a unique understanding of the challenges Federal Governments face, and we systematically align our solution and product development cycles to meet their needs. Mandiant isn’t just focused on one threat vector or adversary type. We counter all evolving cyber threats facing public and private sector organizations around the globe.
A successful Senior Managed Security Engineer is a multi-disciplinary field engineering role and will support Mandiant clients through initial contact, deployment, enablement, and delivery of Mandiant Managed Security Validation (MMV) solution offerings. They will understand how Threat Intelligence and what is known about an attacker’s methods can be leveraged to measure the effectiveness of security controls, and how to address issues surfaced using this approach. They should feel comfortable tailoring their communication style to both technical and executive stakeholders and demonstrate strong ability to communicate issues related to information security, technical infrastructure and architecture in language that all stakeholders can understand. The candidate will have a strong understanding of Security Operations Center (SOC) objectives and methods.
This position will have a direct impact on our clients’ abilty to proactively defend their environments and will drive improvements to their ability to detect, prevent and alert on, attacker TTPs at scale. To accomplish this, you will “emulate evil” using what Mandiant knows about attackers to measure current state and report on identified issues and partner with client stakeholders to measure and communicate on improvement over time. This activity is delivered via specific use-cases and outcomes relevant to clients’ security capabilities delivered using the Mandiant Security Validation (MSV) platform. You will be a subject matter expert for all MMV solution offerings and your work will result in strong down stream improvements to the way client environments are secured and monitored.
What You Will Do:
- Act as a subject matter expert across the Mandiant Managed Security Validation (MMV) offering and use-cases
- Drive deployment and instrumentation of the Mandiant Security Validation (MSV) platform for new customers and expansion of existing customer capabilities
- Emulate evil by utilizing the MSV platform to run actions meant to stress test client security controls
- Build reporting dashboards and content to surface and communicate issues identified during solution delivery
- Deliver results and presentations to client stakeholders and executives on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Design and execute content relevant to current threats and aligned to subscribed use-cases
- Travel to customer sites as needed to support enablement and accelerate the customer experience
- Build deep relationships with internal and external stakeholders to create Mandiant Managed Security Validation advocates
- Identify tactical and strategic security solutions to environmental deficiencies to drive improvement to detection and alerting capability
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge with internal and external stakeholders
- 4+ years of demonstrated success in operational cyber security in one or more of the following (Incident Response, Penetration Testing, Red Teaming, Application Security, Security Operations Center, Security Controls ownership, etc.)
- 4+ years hands on experience across one or more security technologies which may include: SIEM, NGFW, Proxy, IDS/IPS, DLP, EDR, A/V, WAF, Orchestration Solutions
- Ability to interpret and/or create Python, Bash, Powershell (or similar scripting language) content
- Ability to travel up to 25% as needed to support client-facing requirements, meetings, etc.
- Strong background in Linux administration
- Strong networking background
- Strong written and verbal communications skills and a demonstrated track record of accomplishing desired outcomes by partnering with others
- Experience consulting with enterprise organizations and building out enterprise architecture plans
- Experience utilizing threat intelligence to deliver on security solutions
- Experience delivering Purple Team or Red Team style engagements
- Experience with atomic testing platforms and concepts
- Experience working in a customer facing professional services role
- Administration experience with Enterprise Windows Environments
- Technical hands on and/or leadership experience with incident response and/or security operations
- Experience with cloud deployment environments (AWS/Azure/GCP)
- Technical experience with SIEM administration
- OSCP, OSWP or OSCE a plus
At Mandiant we are committed to our #OneTeam approach combining diversity, collaboration, and excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Full Telecommute