Our Mission 🌏🏡:
To digitise the whole lifecycle of the rental accommodation industry by creating the most advanced technology platform for the rental accommodation industry.
— To help people with housing, anywhere.
Our Values 💛
We Care. We Perform. We Evolve.
Over the past couple of years, HousingAnywhere grew exponentially and we are currently with 150 colleagues.
We pivoted our strategy from being just a Marketplace to becoming the most advanced Rental Platform in Europe.
To execute our strategy we have the ambition to at least double our business and our organisation.
We have the challenge of keeping evolving our rental platform and reusing the functionalities among different products.
Your Impact 💥
In the past year, we published +52,000 listings and helped +21,000 people find a new home through our HousingAnywhere Marketplace. In the past years, we have seen rapid growth on our marketplace, and this has brought new challenges. We are transforming into a Rental Platform and building new product lines, such as HousingAnywhere Payments, and our Marketplace product will need to evolve to integrate with it.
To support this rapid growth, we are also building the Platform Engineering division within the engineering organisation with the mission to make the Product Engineering teams to be efficient and effective. We do so by providing a developer platform that provides the right tools and techniques to the Product team and enables them to build secure and high quality products. You will join the Platform Engineering division as a Security Lead.
You will be accountable to define a Security vision for HousingAnywhere. You will define the technical roadmap for security and execute on it.
As a senior member of our team, you will be expected to embrace and contribute to our technical vision and practises, and grow your team through mentoring and coaching. You will be an ambassador of our culture and a role model for your team, and you will ensure that our culture is nurtured within your team.
Our stack 🛠️
Our services are mostly built with the following stack.
- PostgreSQL database(s)
- Domain-Driven Design
- Continuous Delivery
- Code reviews
The role of the Security Lead
We expect you to own the Security domain within the engineering team and co-create the vision and roadmap for Security at HousingAnywhere. We expect a high level of autonomy and ownership when it comes to driving security initiatives.
The role focuses on two main areas:
- Define the Vision for Security at HousingAnywhere and the technical roadmap for it.
- Own initiatives aimed at implementing security controls, reducing risks and adopting a secure code development practice by providing technical leadership on security related topics to product and engineering teams.
- Establish a security first culture within the company and adopt secure development practices..
- Set up a bug bounty program for the company to respond to the reported vulnerabilities - both to the reporter as well as the internal teams. Assess the reported vulnerabilities, synthesise the information gathered and negotiate solutions with the engineering teams to mitigate the risks.
Collaboration, Mentoring and Facilitation
- Drive initiatives to increase awareness and engagement on the topic of security in product & engineering teams
- Coordinate and collaborate with the Data Protection Officer & engineering teams to integrate privacy and GDPR regulations.
- Facilitate collaboration with the teams to incorporate security risk management practices, assessing vulnerabilities and getting your hands into code and design when necessary to mitigate them.
Who we look for
The type of work experience for this position is usually found with around 8 years of experience in the field, and at least 2 years of experience in cyber security related disciplines.
- You understand that your job is a mix of both building technical security tools and roadmap along with creating awareness, bringing alignment and coordinating.
- You can scope and coordinate strategic initiatives across multiple teams and functions.
- You can provide pragmatic technical leadership for a group of fast moving engineers.
- You can mentor and influence without authority over groups of different disciplines with varying experience about information security risks.
- You are still hands-on when needed - for example, you can code when needed, review pull requests and stay close to the team’s work.
- You stay up to date with the field, and you share your knowledge openly with your colleagues and the tech community.
- You are interested in new technologies and you continuously seek to improve yourself and others.
What's in it for you? 📈🍻
- Work from anywhere is our policy, including flexible working hours.
- Unlimited holiday policy, with a minimum amount mandatory each year!
- You have the opportunity to take full ownership of your work.
- Work with a goal-oriented, diverse and inclusive team! Think 160+ people from 30+ different nationalities.
- We will support your relocation process (e.g., flights and visas)
- Budget for Dutch or English classes to help you kick off your stay in the Netherlands, and help you immerse yourself in the Dutch culture.
- Work in a spacious, modern and brand new office in the heart of Rotterdam, with free coffee, snacks, fruits, and a social space with entertainment facilities.
- Personal equipment including company laptop, screens and adjustable tables and chairs.
- We don't care about what you wear. You're welcome to wear a 3-piece tuxedo or even a dragon onesie, we won't judge you!
- Company discount on Gym membership in the Netherlands.
- Variable pension scheme.
- 10% of work time for personal development.
- Competitive compensation including equity package.
- Full-time position (40 hours a week) w/ schedule flexibility
- An opportunity to work remotely or on-site at our HQ in Rotterdam, the Netherlands
- Relocation package with visa sponsorship provided
If you have further questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Our team of colleagues exists out of many ethnicities, religions, countries of origin, sexual orientations, genders and abilities. We Welcome Everyone. The team culture is very open and we're all motivated by our vision to help people with housing, anywhere. This is what drives us every day and we invite you to do the same.
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided