- Salary: $80000 - $100000
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Bonus
- Education: High School Diploma
- Travel: No Travel
- Telework: No Telecommute
Role Value Proposition:
The Network Engineer - DevOps is responsible for the design, engineering, and optimization of current and emerging network technologies to support MetLife business in over 40+ countries. This role requires expertise in many of the following network architectures, including route/switch, VPN, Load Balancing, firewalls, WAN acceleration, Cloud Security, Zero Trust, SDN, as well as service chaining through API integration and automation.
- Upkeeping of Global Network Security Organization’s technology portfolio ensuring standards, compliance and adhere to best practice.
- Provide level 2/3 technical support for Core Network Security portfolio – include but not limited to Firewall, URL Filtering, Remote Access VPN & Network Access Control
- Provide write-up for Root Cause Analysis and represent at the Major Problem Review Meeting
- Involved in Proof of concept analysis of new technology and product sets – like Network Cloud Security, Cloud VPN and Zero Trust
- Collaborate with project management stakeholders to ensure technical deliverables are met.
- Ability to manage the project tasks and communicate any technical impact to change management.
- Identify gaps and areas of improvement using operational metrics and collaborate with Sr. members using Agile framework to address business needs and improve business value
- Take on technical leading role in a project with limited guidance from Sr. Team Member
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills
- 4+ years equivalent work experience with strong knowledge in 3 technical core competencies - Firewall, Remote Access VPN, Site-Site VPN, Cloud Network Security & Network Access Control, Protocol level security, Proxy & Analytic tools such as Splunk etc.
- Ability to Automate a solution using vendor APIs by using different programming language preferably Python
- Skills to utilize protocol-level analysis tool such as Wireshark to troubleshoot complex problems
- Must have strong analytical skills, excellent understanding of application and network architecture, and ability to assess security designs with minimal supervision
- Strong Communication Skills
- Mid-level Programming
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, information Systems or related field
- Cloud related certification
- Palo Alto experience / certification