About the Role:
As Product Manager, Network and Security, you are part of a team of product managers responsible for the product lifecycle of associated programs and products. Together as a team, you provide product direction through customer feedback and requirements, industry trends and visions an ongoing market assessment of current technology and service offerings, pricing, and positioning. You will be responsible for systematically developing and evaluating opportunities for new products, programs and/or line extensions and identifying new target markets and related strategies including the digital experience vision and strategy for your services. In this position you will report to the Sr. Director, SASE & Security and work to define, evaluate and implement new product initiatives, enhance current offerings, elevate the security acumen across the organization and drive process improvements to optimize assigned product P&L’s.
What You’ll Do:
• Drive Network & Security development through collaboration with your peer product managers, software developer, service assurance teams, engineers, architects for products such as Secure Access Service Edge (SASE), Security Service Edge (SSE), Software Defined WAN (SD-WAN), Hybrid WAN (MPLS and IPsec VPN), MPLS and Internet and Managed LAN Services.
• Create and execute a vision and strategy for the SASE service portfolio with a focus on VMware solutions.
• Forecast and deliver on the sales, install, revenue, churn and profitability of your services with accountability for the profit and loss of assigned products
• Develop, execute, and maintain a strategic product portfolio business plan that provides current market information, including sales and gross profit margin history, year-to-date (YTD) actual and projections, key market positioning, sales channel and competitive strategies, pricing/cost modeling, market share, product life cycle plans, and evolution plans
• Optimize the product life cycle by partnering with cross-functional team owners to improve the overall customer experience and reduce costs
• Recommend, plan, and coordinate new product development and enhancement activities
• Manage the go to market (GTM) strategic plan; review the target market, create a value propositions and ensure competitive positioning in the marketplace
• Deliver regular lifecycle reporting with defined service improvement plans
• Develop and maintain product specific sales and sales engineering documentation and training materials
• Provide support to sales leaders and lead cross-departmental initiatives
• Attend and present at industry conferences and trade shows