Tango Card is searching for our newest member of the Information Security Team, responsible for ensuring the secure design and delivery of Cloud solutions to the Tango Card. As a Cloud Security Engineer, you will be part of a growing and focused security team. Tango Card impacts thousands of businesses and rewards millions of people every month, and you will be key to ensuring the security of those rewards. You will use the latest technology to improve and develop new designs and security strategies across all types of cloud-based applications (including infrastructure, platform, and software as a service.) Our Cloud Security Engineer provides security expertise in all stages of security solutions and all types of cloud infrastructures.
This role reports to: Vice President, Information Security
You will be successful at Tango Card if you are:
- Skilled with one or more scripting languages (bash, python)
- Knowledgable in serverless, microservice architectures and how to secure them
- Skilled in security incident response and recovery experience
- Able to work closely with key stakeholders to capture, analyze, and derive Cloud requirements
- Knowledgeable in and understanding in various disciplines such as security engineering, system and network security, authentication and security protocols, cryptography, and application security
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Review logs for security incidents, concerns, evaluate, and implement countermeasures as needed.
- Understand the optimal security tools, functions, controls, measures, and alarming for a cloud platform.
- Articulate risk and threat analysis activities, leveraging learnings from external and internal cyber trends and incidents, reducing risk by implementing technical controls.
- Design, build, and evolve our secure cloud infrastructure, employing automation and infrastructure-as-code (IaC).
- Design and implement vulnerability management in a container or serverless architecture.
- Maintain, tune, and optimize the Web Application Firewall.
- Assure infrastructure-as-code is following standard security practices and achieves CIS compliance.
- Assure continuous delivery pipelines have proper security controls that serve the purpose of provisioning and operating client tests as well as production environments.
- Evaluate new technology options and vendor products, present cost-benefit analysis to team.
- Participate in the regular team on call and has experience with security incident response or problem management including timely problem identification, successful resolution, and root-cause analysis.
- Assist with the maintenance of metrics and scorecards in support of the information security program.
- Design, test, implement and manage Data Loss Prevention (DLP) solutions.
- Provide guidance on best practices related to managing and deploying containers.
- Perform technical security reviews of existing and proposed cloud architecture.
- Provide security requirements for new service offerings.
- Review the configuration of the deployed cloud infrastructure.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To be effective as the Cloud Security Engineer at Tango Card, you must have the following education and experience:
- BS in computer science or related field or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years in cloud security space
- 2+ years experience with infrastructure-as-code toolings such as Terraform or CloudFormation
- 3+ years experience with AWS implementation and a working knowledge of core AWS products (e.g., VPC, EC2, S3, RDS, ELB, IAM, Lambda, SQS)
- 2+ years experience supporting high traffic and public-facing websites, applications, and services
Our ideal Cloud Security Engineer at Tango Card will have most of the following knowledge, skills, and experience:
- 4+ years in a cloud services organization or DevOps/DevSecOps role
- Master’s degree in a relevant field
- Cloud/Security certifications a plus
- Experience with one or more cloud service providers, preferably AWS
Please note: visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided