Command Zero is looking to revolutionize the way in which organizations conduct cyber investigations. The founders have been a part of 6 successful cybersecurity acquisitions to date including exits to Symantec, McAfee, Sourcefire and Cisco. Backed by leading tier-1 VCs, and dozens of cyber executives and thought leaders, Command Zero is currently in stealth mode.
We are looking for security researchers with deep experience in Incident Response (IR) and security investigations. As an Incident Researcher, you will translate your knowledge and expertise into a groundbreaking IR platform. You will have an opportunity to work in a cross-functional teams, research bleeding edge attack techniques, emulate advanced adversaries across numerous platforms, mentor junior members and create technical content, including blogs and papers.
To be successful in this role, a deep understanding of attacker tradecraft, the MITRE ATT&CK framework, defense techniques, evasions, and IR is a must. Experience / interest in the following is preferred:
· Incident Response & Management
· Digital Forensics
· Microsoft and Amazon Cloud environments
· Threat Hunting
· Penetration testing
· Programming in Golang, Python or Powershell
What you’ll do:
· Research Operational, Tactical, and Business level questions that facilitate Incident Response.
· Create, Review, and organize Incident Response questions around categories of scoping and investigation-specific outcomes.
· Research and document response recommendations and remediation actions.
· Provide product engineering feedback on features & functions based on your field experience.
· Perform research on emerging threat sources, Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures (TTPs)
· Leaning on recent IR engagement experiences, conceptualize and design lab scenarios for investigation exercises and tool validation in the research lab.
· Participate in development efforts explicitly surrounding cloud-based IR and Forensics.
· Translate current knowledge to work with Machine Learning and AI experts to identify what can be automated and what is key to an investigation.
· Provide guidance and mentorship to more junior members of the team.
Who you are:
· Self-motivated and seeking challenges.
· Excited about investigating new trends, techniques, and technologies and using them to keep products on the leading edge.
· Passionate about Security Research and solving complex problems in the cyber-security space.
· Passionate about Incident Response & Digital Forensics.
· Works well with other talented members of the team.
· Ability to work with deadlines and milestones.
· 5+ years industry experience in security research
· 2+ years recent involvement and hands on experience with Incident response.
· Expert level knowledge of Operating systems to include Windows, Linux and Mac OS
· Experience and deep knowledge of Amazon and Microsoft Cloud environments and Forensic methodologies.
· Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
CCandidates may be located anywhere within the United States or Canada.
- Salary: $110000 - $200000
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Stock Options
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: No Travel
- Telework: Full Telecommute