Costco IT is responsible for the technical future of Costco Wholesale, the third largest retailer in the world with wholesale operations in fourteen countries. Despite our size and explosive international expansion, we continue to provide a family, employee centric atmosphere in which our employees thrive and succeed. As proof, Costco ranks seventh in Forbes “World’s Best Employers”.
The Cybersecurity SIEM Engineer will design, implement, and operate a Splunk SaaS SIEM within the Logging and Detection Engineering team, while also integrating other technologies and platforms.
If you want to be a part of one of the worldwide BEST companies “to work for”, simply apply and let your career be reimagined.
Hybrid, On-site 25%
● Develops custom Splunk applications to support other SOC-related teams within the department.
● Writes custom detections to detect and alert on threat actor activity.
● Writes custom Python code to integrate applications with cloud technologies such as Event Hubs.
● Integrates other Splunk and non-Splunk environments into a global SIEM.
● Creates the roadmap for addressing logging gaps, maturity improvements and innovation.
● Works with Enterprise Monitoring team to seamlessly integrate platforms.
● Minimum of 5 years’ experience with SIEM technologies, with at least three years of direct Splunk application development.
● Familiarity with log parsing, data models and how they relate to SIEMs, and Splunk, specifically.
● Familiarity with scripting/programming languages. Strong Python skills preferred.
● Working knowledge of developing applications in a DevOps or DevSecOps environment.
● Good working knowledge of authentication protocols such as Kerberos, SAML, and OAUTH.
● Hands-on proficiency with Microsoft Windows and GNU/Linux.
● Strong understanding of cloud computing, web technologies, and networking protocols.
● Scheduling flexibility to meet the needs of the business including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
● Ability to train and mentor other Splunk users with a positive attitude.
● One or more Splunk certifications.
● One or more SANS certifications.
● Customer-first and team-oriented mindset.
● Strong attention to detail.
- Salary: $165000 - $195000
- Citizenship: Us Citizen
- Incentives: Stock Options
- Education: Bachelors Degree
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Hybrid Telecommute