Who is Trace3?
Trace3 is a leading Transformative IT Authority, providing unique technology solutions and consulting services to our clients. Equipped with elite engineering and dynamic innovation, we empower IT executives and their organizations to achieve competitive advantage through a process of Integrate, Automate, Innovate.
Our culture at Trace3 embodies the spirit of a startup with the advantage of a scalable business. Employees can grow their career and have fun while doing it!
Trace3 is headquartered in Irvine, California. We employ more than 1,000 people all over the United States. Our major field office locations include Atlanta, Denver, Detroit, Indianapolis, Grand Rapids, Lexington, Los Angeles, Louisville, San Diego, San Francisco, and Scottsdale.
Ready to discover the possibilities that live in technology?
Come Join Us!
Street-Smart - Thriving in Dynamic Times
We are flexible and resilient in a fast-changing environment. We continuously innovate and drive constructive change while keeping a focus on the “big picture.” We exercise sound business judgment in making high-quality decisions in a timely and cost-effective manner. We are highly creative and can dig deep within ourselves to find positive solutions to different problems.
Juice - The “Stuff” it takes to be a Needle Mover
We get things done and drive results. We lead without a title, empowering others through a can-do attitude. We look forward to the goal, mentally mapping out every checkpoint on the pathway to success, and visualizing what the final destination looks and feels like.
Teamwork - Humble, Hungry and Smart
We are humble individuals who understand how our job impacts the company's mission. We treat others with respect, admit mistakes, give credit where it’s due and demonstrate transparency. We “bring the weather” by exhibiting positive leadership and solution-focused thinking. We hug people in their trials, struggles, and failures – not just their success. We appreciate the individuality of the people around us.
About the Role:
The Principal Engineer will be responsible for providing thought leadership and technical expertise in the delivery of technology solutions designed to meet our customer’s needs. While leading in a delivery capacity, the Principal Engineer will work closely with Trace3 Engagement Architects to leverage new and emerging technologies to solve key technical challenges for our clients. The Principal Engineer will also provide oversight to Sr. Engineers and Engineers within the Practice. A key function of this role will be building deep relationships, gaining trust and delivering networking solutions with excellence.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead client engagements as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) to solve customer problems and translate customer requirements into deliverable services.
- Partner with Account Teams and the Infrastructure Team to generate accurate services Level of Effort scoping using TRACE3’s Consulting Services Calculator (CSC) tool.
- Provide consulting expertise on operational models, strategic roadmaps, and return on investment for end customers.
- Gather technical requirements and facilitate sessions for building solutions for relevant networking technologies.
- Lead the proposed solution including transitioning the build and implementation to the delivery team and remain engaged with the client while becoming a “thought leader” for the next opportunity.
- Ensure that a quality solution is delivered in a timely manner, within budget, and to our client's satisfaction.
- Work closely with the client to understand and manage their expectations while simultaneously working closely with internal teams to ensure delivery.
- Assist in the development and documentation of technical standards
- Implement approved methods of procedures and assist in designing customer and corporate standards.
- Develop and implement enhancements and generate recommendations for improvement
- Works on projects/systems/issues of varying complexity surrounding system planning, configuration and optimization.
- Mentor other junior engineers.
- Lead and oversee deployment, operation, and maintenance of the email security tooling platforms
- Provide consulting & delivery services to customer security teams in respect to email security platforms
- Manage platform configuration adjustments and modifications
- Identify integration points for tools to incorporate into the email security platform
- Serve as a subject matter expert for email security operations related issues and discussions
- Engage with customers to support and assist their security offices with email & endpoint security related incidents and design new policies to identify and mitigate risk
- Experienced in Implementing and Supporting Endpoint Security tools
- Knowledge of secure build and configuration standards in highly regulated environments
- Engage, develop and provide operational documentation to ensure a well-managed and mature email security infrastructure
- Serve as a trusted advisor and assist customers in understanding incident impacting email and offering guidance
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
Qualifications & Interests:
- Bachelor’s degree in Cybersecurity or equivalent information security, privacy, risk, compliance, project management or like discipline from an accredited college or university or measurable knowledge / experience from proven industry, military, defense, or government operations.
- Highly technical and analytical expertise, with a proven deep background in technology design, implementation, and delivery.
- Minimum 3+ years working in security engineering or security operations role, with a focus on email security.
- Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) tools such as Microsoft Defender for Endpoint (MDE) & CrowdStrike Falcon.
- Endpoint Privilege Management tools such as BeyondTrust EPM.
- Strong experience with design, configuration, administration/troubleshooting, email routing and filtering in Proofpoint/Cisco secure email/M365/ Mimecast/ and other enterprise level email security gateways (such as inbound routes, whitelists, email firewall rules, spam/AV, logging/reporting, TAP, TRAP, domain rewrites, secure messaging and recipient verification).
- Experience in designing, implementing, and troubleshooting enterprise level Email systems (e.g. maintenance, configuration, and policy management).
- Experience in designing, implementing, and troubleshooting enterprise email integrations with data loss prevention solutions
- Experience with on-premise, cloud, and hybrid email solutions
- Experience in analyzing domain email activity and deploying SPF,DKIM and DMARC authentication.
- Experience with enterprise phishing defense concepts and technologies.
- Troubleshooting email flow and delivery in large and complex environments.
- Cross-functional understanding of email operations, security practices and the endpoint security.
- Experience designing, implementing, and troubleshooting Zscaler private access and public access, and ZTNA.
- Experience installing, integrating, and maintaining solutions in a test lab a plus
- Experience with Forcepoint a plus
- Knowledge and experience creating and maintaining policies, standard operating procedures (SOPs) and technical documents.
- Motivated self-starter who loves to solve challenging problems and feels comfortable working directly with customers.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, excellent time management skills and able to effectively prioritize tasks in a fast-paced, high-volume, and evolving work environment.
- Comfortable managing multiple and changing priorities, and meeting deadlines in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Ability to travel when needed; holds a valid driver’s license
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans for you and your dependents
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Employer Match, 529 College Savings Plan, Health Savings Account, Life Insurance, and Long-Term Disability
- Competitive Compensation
- Training and development programs
- Wellness Program
- Stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages
- Collaborative and cool office culture
- Work-life balance and generous paid time off
***To all recruitment agencies: Trace3 does not accept unsolicited agency resumes/CVs. Please do not forward resumes/CVs to our careers email addresses, Trace3 employees or any other company location. Trace3 is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/CVs.
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided