Currently seeking a talented and ambitious self-starting SSOC Shift Lead with advanced skillsets in cyber security with emphasis on applied cloud security to develop operational strategy in the effort to continually move forward the skills and capabilities of our dynamic team of security analysts for a variety of federal customers. The ideal candidate will have hands-on experience as a SOC analyst performing Incident Response and Intrusion Detection on an operational Federal network, ideally having been migrated to a cloud environment, specifically, the Microsoft Sentinel SIEM and related security portals in Azure. A solid understanding of cyber threats and information security in the domains of TTP’s, Threat Actors, Campaigns, and Observables. Additionally, the ideal candidate would be familiar with intrusion detection systems, intrusion analysis, security information event management platforms, endpoint threat detection tools, and security operations ticket management.
Job duties include:
- Manage a SOC to provide cyber defense capabilities to a federal entity in a comprehensive Computer Network Defense support service through security event monitoring, advanced analytics and response, and cyber intelligence activities.
- Conduct quality assurance reviews of all SOC activities through reviewing of metrics and case analysis while reporting to the Program Manager
- Serve as a technical Cyber SME and onsite Task Lead
- Maintain a 24x7 schedule and minimum-manning requirements
- Lead efforts Planning, organization, scheduling and progress reporting of various projects
- Construct and optimize operational workflows for 24x7 teams across multiple shifts
- Develop, collect, analyze security operational metrics to optimize SOC performance and minimize organizational risk
- Research, evaluate, recommend, and design new security technologies and supporting infrastructure
- Develop technical cyber security solutions in response to customer requests or in support of proposal solution development
- Provide technical writing support in support of corporate response to RFPs/RFQs from various customers
- Support documentation of all business and workflow processes in this area
- Provides technical consultation in cyber security capability development
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant cyber security and related technologies as assigned
- Serves as liaison with various customers (internal and external)
- Acts as a subject-matter expert to multiple tasks and/or programs
Candidate must have the required Qualifications:
- At least 3 years of experience in a cyber network defense environment performing analysis and engineer functions and 2 years of experience as a team lead or operations management
- Work independently to design cloud security operations strategy and report progress
- An industry technical certification such as GCIH, MS-SC200 or other MS cloud certifications
- Experience with MS tools such as Active Directory, Azure Active Directory, AD Connect, SAML, Kerberos, Cisco IOS, MS Server, Azure cloud environments, Incident Handling, Threat hunting experience, fundamental knowledge of IEEE 7 layers
- Experience with deployment and documentation of enterprise project management and change management processes
- Ability to identify solutions to potential network/data/asset issues/embrace network simplification and apply strengthened security methods
- Ability to conduct event triage and analysis and incident investigation
- Write threat reports and incident reports
- Read and ingest various govt. regulations for application to agency environment
- Experience in mentoring and training junior, mid-level, and senior analysts.
- Proficiency in utilizing various packet capture (PCAP) applications/engines and in the analysis of PCAP data.
- Ability to develop rules, filters, views, signatures, countermeasures and operationally relevant applications and scripts to support analysis and detection efforts.
- One or more certifications for CND Analysts: GCIA, GCFA, GCFE, GREM, GISF, GMON, GXPN, CHFI, GNFA, CCFP, LPT, CHFI, CSA.
- One or more certifications for a manager: CISSP, PMP, CISM, ITILv3
- Salary: $130000 - $150000
- Citizenship: Us Citizen
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Bachelors Degree
- Travel: No Travel
- Telework: Hybrid Telecommute