Data Protection Analyst (L1)
The Data Protection Analyst L1 will be part of the Data Protection Response Team. This role will provide front line support daily to review DLP alerts and escalate events/incidents. They will also partner with the DLP engineering team to identify opportunities for improvement and tuning of policies.
This position is designed for a candidate with entry level to intermediate experience. The position will be aligned with the Data Loss Prevention/ Insider Threat Management, DLP Investigations, Secure Data Transmission, and Cloud Data Protection organization.
The ideal candidate must be self-motivated, delivery focused and well-organized with strong appetite for learning. Additionally, the candidate must be able to adjust and thrive in a collaborative, fast-paced environment.
- Under direct supervision, support Data Protection Response team to monitor, analyze and respond to data protection technology events following standard operating procedures.
- Assist with the identification and implementation of tuning efforts
- Assist with the generation of data protection metrics through reports and dashboards
- 1 year of Information Technology related experience and/or training
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (e.g., computer science, information systems, math, engineering, etc.) or equivalent transferable experience through coursework, internships, or work experience, including military service
- Experience with Security Event analysis/review
- Experience with Data Loss Prevention, CASB, Insider Threat, Data Classification, or Email Security toolsets
- Experience analyzing datasets to look for trends
- Experience developing metrics/reports/dashboards
- Basic programming/scripting skills (read/interpret scripts, write basic scripts)
- Experience with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Functional working knowledge of:
- Data Privacy Fundamentals (Familiarity with Data Privacy Laws and Regulations Fundamentals, Understanding of Personal Information (PI) protection, Basic understanding of Privacy Breach reporting/impact analysis)
- Cyber Security Fundamentals (Familiarity with key concepts of Vulnerability Management, Network Security/Secure Transmission Management, Data Loss Prevention, Identity Access Management, Threat Intelligence, Penetration testing, IT Risk Management)
- Strong business and technology aptitude with a willingness to learn and understand business and software solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communications including technical writing capabilities
- Highly motivated with strong organizational, analytical, decision making, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to effectively handle multiple priorities, prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- High level of professionalism, confidence, and ability to build credibility with team members and business partners
- CompTIA Network+, A+, Server+ or equivalent is a plus
- ITIL Fundamentals is a plus
- Salary: $100000 - $120000
- Citizenship: Us Citizen
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Bachelors Degree
- Travel: No Travel
- Telework: Full Telecommute