AGENCY: City of San Jose
LOCATION: San Jose, California
FILING DEADLINE: Position is open until filled; first review is September 26, 2022
SALARY RANGE: $160,507.88 – $259,290.46 Annually
The Assistant Chief Information Officer (ACIO) is the second highest technology leadership position for the City organization. The person selected will team with the Chief Information Officer (CIO) to lead and sustain an exceptional innovation and technology team, enabling the City to provide superior municipal services through advanced tools and processes.
The City of San José is seeking a solid staff manager and mentor, skilled in technology and innovation. This requires a leader who can develop employees in a team-oriented working environment to solve complex, multi-department challenges as One Team. The ACIO provides inspired management and motivates employees with confidence, empathy, and respectful interaction; leading and sustaining an accomplished innovation and technology team that enables the City to provide superior services through advanced tools and processes.
The Ideal Candidate
Executive success in the City culture is defined by an ability to sustain work that delivers on the City’s values: Quality and Excellent Customer Service; Empowerment and Accountability; Collaboration and Communication; Racial Equity; Community and Employee Engagement; and Championing Our Employees. The ideal candidate will have a solid track record in staff development, mentorship, project management, service delivery, and succession planning. The successful candidate will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills necessary to create strong working relationships with staff, executive leadership, elected officials, and other key stakeholders.
A strategic leader with political awareness and professionalism; the ability to build trust and partnerships across the organization, and experience creating process improvements, efficiencies, and instilling best practices is required.
The City of San José seeks experienced and passionate executive candidates who…
· Are fantastic articulators of and believers in the City’s vision, and a credible communicator within the City organization, with Mayor/Council, and with the public.
· Have proven ability to manage the strategic, tactical, and day to day needs of a complex organization.
· Can manage complex enterprise projects such as ERP, permitting, infrastructure upgrades.
· Are proven leaders with a passion for working in a fast-paced, high profile, and progressive environment.
· Define their leadership style in collaboration and integrity of the highest levels.
· Demonstrate a record of mentoring and developing a strong team.
· Exhibit proven resourcefulness and creativity in resource-constrained environments.
· Organize teams and resources toward meeting objectives that support organizational goals.
· Anticipate problems and proactively prevent and resolve challenges.
· Willingly assume responsibilities for outcomes, taking on initiatives as needed by the organization.
· Develop deep trust by communicating honestly, collaborating, and delivering equitable outcomes with all levels of the organization and with stakeholders in the community.
· Provide leadership, appreciation, and advocacy for innovation and technology to enhance organizational effectiveness to ensure the City is serving the community.
· Consistently demonstrate commitment to equity and inclusion, including the use of equity tools in the deployment of technology resources.
· Engage diverse teams and communities in a culturally competent manner.
· Act on the professional and political concerns of staff in a politically astute and capable manner, including regular interaction with the Mayor and Councilmembers.
· Build confidence and trust in the IT Department, nourishing and fostering relationships with other City departments, and with the community and key stakeholders.
For more details about this opportunity, please visit the job brochure at:
To be considered, please submit a resume, cover letter, and five work related references (who will not be contacted in the early stages of the recruitment) at: https://koffassociates.com/assistant-chief-information-officer/.
Resumes should reflect years and months of positions held, as well as size of past organization(s).
For additional information, please contact:
Carlo Zabala at: (510) 342-3233 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Frank Rojas at: (510) 495-0448 or Email: email@example.com
The City of San José is an equal opportunity employer.
- Salary: $160507 - $259290
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Bachelors Degree
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided