This is an environment unlike anything in the high-tech world and the secret of Costco’s success is its culture. The value Costco puts on its employees is well documented in articles from a variety of publishers including Bloomberg and Forbes. Our employees and our members come FIRST. Costco is well known for its generosity and community service and has won many awards for its philanthropy. The company joins with its employees to take an active role in volunteering by sponsoring many opportunities to help others. In 2021, Costco contributed over $58 million to organizations such as United Way and Children's Miracle Network Hospitals.
Costco IT is responsible for the technical future of Costco Wholesale, the third largest retailer in the world with wholesale operations in fourteen countries. Despite our size and explosive international expansion, we continue to provide a family, employee centric atmosphere in which our employees thrive and succeed. As proof, Costco ranks seventh in Forbes “World’s Best Employers”.
This position serves as a Cloud Engineer (Microsoft Azure) and subject matter expert. The role works directly with managers, architects, engineers and developers -- providing hands-on technical cloud solutions. The position requires hands-on technical design and implementation of infrastructure solutions in Microsoft Azure cloud environment. The role will also work to ensure the engineered solutions in Microsoft Azure are compatible and consistent with other public, private, or hybrid cloud solutions (where possible) and consistent with customer architecture requirements. This position will bring real world Microsoft Azure engineering and solution experience and will function as part of a highly skilled, agile development and cloud team supporting major cloud programs.
If you want to be a part of one of the worldwide BEST companies “to work for”, simply apply and let your career be reimagined.
● Builds prototypes of potential features.
● Enhances automation of applications, systems, and platforms and identifies opportunities for streamlining, and continuous process improvement.
● Applies knowledge to practical and sustainable applications and capabilities.
● Contributes, interprets, and communicates enterprise, technical, project, and operational strategies to the team.
● Formulates and directs activities that align short term goals and long term initiatives while providing accurate and timely estimates of work breakdown schedules.
● Influences and drives adoption of best practices and high quality standards throughout the division.
● Integrates diverse solution components across multiple platforms using industry standard interfaces.
● Tests and resolves problems, performs root cause analysis, identifies gaps, recommends solutions and preventative measures, and leads team members to solution delivery plans.
● Runs proof of concepts and uses diagnostic/debugging skills to solve current challenges in multi-platform systems
● Orchestrates reviews for system additions and/or enhancements.
● Promotes and supports a culture of compliance, risk avoidance/mitigation, and corporate accountability throughout the organization through technical leadership, knowledge of business need, development and communication of policies, procedures, and plans, and assurance of solution designs that are in compliance with architecture standards, technology guardrails, security, and operational guidelines.
● Optimizes team efficiency and performance through high level technical direction.
● Provides technical leadership in implementation of applications, strategic planning sessions, documentation requirements, tool implementation, database query languages, and programming languages.
● Uses subject matter expertise to support industry standard source control and source change management techniques.
● Presents technical designs and solutions to executives, management, and other audiences to gain consensus and/or project approval.
● Provides technical leadership in implementation of cloud applications using cloud technologies (PaaS, IaaS), database query languages and web programming languages.
● Leads technical expertise in solving complex problems with cloud solutions.
● Works closely with cloud infrastructure teams, architects, Dev / QA and engineers to design, implement and manage secure, scalable and reliable cloud infrastructure environments.
● Proposes and implements cloud infrastructure and automation to drive efficiency.
● Develops monitoring rules and manages resources including Azure Load Balancers, VNet, Subnets, Resource Groups, and Network Security Groups.
● Solves highly technical and complex problems on multiple projects, and provides consultative support to internal staff.
● Monitors and manages Azure Load Balancers, VNet, Subnets, Resource Groups, and Network Security Groups.
● Manages and fixes platform related issues and supports the Azure DevOps environment Operating System Patching.
● Implements, setup and document the DevOps CI/CD pipeline.
● Costs optimizations with cloud resources (snoozing / shutting down) to drive financial efficacy.
● Monitors, Alerting, Logging and Analytics leveraging appropriate Azure native tools.
● Monitors third-party services and tools provided by Costco for Network, Compute, and Storage.
● Creates, manages and maintains Operations Runbook consisting of standard operating procedures, configurations, lessons learned, root cause analysis, diagnostic steps and solutions to resolve future incidents.
● Assists, manages and monitors Azure backup and restore processes.
● Documents Azure operational services baseline.
● Interacts with business customers to formulate and define system scope and objectives.
● Conducts data modeling, configuration, specification development, coding, testing, and documentation.
● Conducts cloud capacity planning and applies best practices in security for cloud applications.
● Consults on run proof of concepts and advise the best use of Azure services to solve current challenges.
● Reviews completion and implementation of cloud system additions and/or enhancements and makes recommendations to management and/or clients.
● Develops documentation on new or existing cloud systems.
● Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned (i.e. Microsoft Azure).
● Participates in special projects as required.
● Works closely with PMO to scope the next iteration and assist in implementation.
● Identifies automation tools to automate build and release pipelines to improve the speed and reliability of the release process.
● Ensures version control for added traceability and reliability of code to track code evolutions.
● Facilitates post-release retrospectives.
● 3 to 5 years’ scripting to automate operational tasks.
● Ability to mentor and guide multiple members of the team across several simultaneous projects.
● Familiarity with cloud methodologies.
● Passion for cloud technologies.
● Microsoft Azure certification preferred.
● Expertise with the Azure console and portal.
● Familiarity with XML, SOAP, REST, PowerShell and Puppet.
● 3+ years’ experience deploying enterprise cloud technologies.
● 5+ years’ experience with enterprise software systems.
- Salary: $155000 - $180000
- Citizenship: Us Citizen
- Incentives: Both
- Education: Bachelors Degree
- Travel: Travel 25
- Telework: Partial Telecommute