Join the Clean Energy Revolution
IN OFFICE ONE DAY A WEEK
Become a Cybersecurity Advisor for the Cyber Threat Hunt and Intelligence Team at Southern California Edison (SCE) and build a better tomorrow. In this role as an Advisor for the Cyber Threat Hunt and Intelligence Team, you will be primarily responsible for not only conducting continuous research on emerging threats and threat actor activity, but also actioning that intelligence through proactive and innovate threat hunts, developing impactful packages to guide purple team activities reflective of relevant intelligence, and work closely with other CSOC sub-teams. We are looking for an analyst with a technical and analytical background that can leverage their strong understanding of networks and network architectures to enable proactive and innovative approaches to their cybersecurity work.
The Cyber Threat Hunt and Intelligence Team is a sub-team under SCE’s broader Cybersecurity Operations Center (CSOC), the team responsible for keeping SCE network and grid secure from emerging threats and cyber actors.
As an Advisor, your work will help power our planet, reduce carbon emissions and create cleaner air for everyone. Are you ready to take on the challenge to help us build the future?
A Day in the life - Get ready to think big, work smart and shine bright!
- Monitor internal and external threat feeds, alerts, and monitoring tools to detect and prevent malicious adversary actions - Be able to filter up most relevant intelligence
- Synthesize relevant threat intelligence into actionable products daily including hunt packages, detections, and purple team packages
- Analyze Tactics Techniques and Procedures utilized by cyber adversaries and proactively hunt for those across the SCE owned environment.
- Leverage threat intelligence platform to enrich and analyze intelligence, develop assessment, and initiate deeper investigations into identified patterns
- As an advisor, work with team leads to define and refine program direction, processes, and capabilities
- Aid in use case detections development, purple team initiatives, threat hunting, incident response, and other CSOC functions
- Seven (7) years of technical cybersecurity experience
- Experience in Incident Response, threat hunting and/or other SOC functions
- Experience investigating and mapping complex enterprise architectures and networks
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- Cybersecurity specialization i.e., reverse engineering malware
- Experience working with Threat Intelligence Platforms
- Security +, CISSP, GCIA, GCIH, GMON, GICSP, GRID, etc.
You should know
- This position’s work mode is hybrid. The employee will report to an SCE facility for a set number of days with the option to work remotely on the remaining days. Unless otherwise noted, employees are required to reside in the state of California. Further details of this work mode will be discussed at the interview stage.
- Visit our Candidate Resource page to get meaningful information related to benefits, perks, resources, testing information, hiring process, and more!
- US Citizenship required as part of Critical Infrastructure security protocols.
- Relocation may apply to this position.
About Southern California Edison
The people at SCE don't just keep the lights on. Our mission is so much bigger. We’re fueling the kind of innovation that’s changing an entire industry, and quite possibly the planet. Join us and create a future with cleaner energy, while providing our customers with the safety and reliability they demand. At SCE, you’ll have a chance to grow personally and professionally, making a real impact in Southern California and around the world.
At SCE, we celebrate our differences. We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
- Salary: $150000 - $160000
- Citizenship: Us Citizen
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Bachelors Degree
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Hybrid Telecommute