Our Security story
Being the largest online auction platform for special objects in Europe we strive to provide a secure and trustworthy experience for our customers. Security protects the data of the business through the promotion of security expertise, awareness, and collective oversight.
Here it’s Paul, VP of Information Security
“I joined Catawiki to share my knowledge and grow the security functions with an exceptional group of people. I’m faced with a unique set of challenges in an ultra modern development environment where there are no traditional infrastructure borders. Building solutions for problems that aren’t restricted by slow processes or “checkboxes” are what make this job fun! The culture is relaxed and I have a great time getting to know the various teams that support selling some of the most sought after items on the planet.”
What you’ll do
This is first and foremost a people-focused role.
Be the key stakeholder to drive our security awareness program through a combination of security guidance on a constant stream of new products and technologies. This role will provide workshops, cross-team training, and promote security awareness throughout the organisation. You’ll take a data driven approach to encouraging behaviour change through technology. Think of this as a blend of science, technology, and the human element.
Long term, you’ll provide input adjusting security strategy, adapting to emerging threats, and new technology used at Catawiki.
Some of the other daily duties include:
- Working with the security and IT teams to scope and consistently improve our Identity and Access Management (IAM) guidelines and workflows.
- Provide subject matter expertise in the form of regular input to development and product teams to aid in secure delivery of new product initiatives.
- Continuous development of the security awareness program for both new and existing employees.
- Report on metrics and KPIs behind each chosen solution and implemented process to improve our overall company security posture.
What you’ll bring
We’re looking for someone who loves to problem solve, and is energised by using technology to bring order to business processes. You’re open-minded and embrace change, and enjoy collaborating across different departments.
- Degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving a data driven approach to problem solving (e.g., behaviour science or artificial intelligence), or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years experience in Security, Development, or IT
- Public speaking experience, enjoying meetups, conferences etc
- Can automate repetitive tasks using technology or process, such as scripting tools or form based workflows
- Experience of building Learning and Development programs
- Knowledge of security best practices and/or cybersecurity control frameworks (CIS Controls, NIST, PCI)
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly with an enthusiasm for learning.
- A basic understanding of TCP/IP Networking fundamentals.
What we offer
This is your chance to join our mission to fulfil people’s passions, as part of a young and dynamic organisation. You'll be part of an enthusiastic, highly-motivated team of 750+ Catawikians. Additionally, you can expect:
- A fast and sustainably growing tech company
- A diverse team of 50+ nationalities
- Tailored learning and development opportunities to support your personal and professional growth
- An entrepreneurial environment, encouraging everyone to take initiative and actively contribute to the growth of the platform
- A hybrid way of working, with home office support provided and an allowance for utilities
- Stock options: 100 stock options after 12 months of service
- A social environment with lots of fun activities
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided