As an Information Security Consulting Director, you will be responsible for helping our clients assess, design, and build effective security programs. As an established trusted advisor, you will span operational, tactical, and strategic levels as well as tasks that tackle difficult problems that businesses are facing when building out and improving their security posture. This is an opportunity for you to showcase your strong communication skills and experience in security governance, security risk management, security operations, security architecture, and/or cyber incident response programs.
This is a customer vertical specific role which will oversee a subset of customers within our Federal Civilian Consulting Practice. If you have a strong background in delivery and operations management, large scale cyber deployments, project and program management, team leadership and information security program development, and are looking to be at the forefront as part of an industry-leading security team, then we want to hear from you! The successful candidate should be an independent, critical thinker skilled in working across a diverse set of client stakeholders as part of an integrated threat management center. The ability to be a humble expert and a strong focus on teamwork is a must.
What You’ll Do:
- Coach, mentor and lead a team of consultants
- Assist with the overall growth and expansion of our Federal business.
- Help drive delivery quality of engagements with focus on unique requirements for each engagement
- Develop new business opportunities, adding new logos to the Mandiant portfolio through pre-sales and commercial activities, and extending existing business through exceptional delivery earning the trust of each client
- Work closely with Sales to manage major client accounts, and provide oversight for local engagements
- Interface with clients to address concerns, issues, or escalations; track and drive to closure any issues that impact the service and its value to clients
- Lead engagements that build and mature customer information security programs and incident response practices
- Oversee and manage implementation improvements to Mandiant’s business processes, methodologies, and client communication methods
- Codify customer success criteria across accounts and use them to drive methodologies
- Use formal project management skills in planning, tracking, and reporting on project progress
- Prepare and deliver briefings, assessments, lessons learned, after action reports, and other program documentation, both verbally and in writing, to client executives, security teams, and other key stakeholders
- Works with client stakeholders to determine their cybersecurity and threat management needs and requirements
- Provides expert guidance regarding cyber threat indicators and warnings and support to networks
- 8+ years of comparable experience in information security
- 2+ years' experience leading and managing high performing consulting teams
- 5+ years' consulting experience, such as major project delivery to external customers
- Business development, pre-sales and commercial experience in a Cyber Security and/or Incident Response business
- Interaction with C-level executives concerning cyber security risk
- Experience working with cyber security incident response processes, tools, and engagements
- Experience working with cyber security operations, event monitoring, and SIEM tools
- Unix and Windows operating systems and administrative tools experience
- Experience working with security controls for common platforms and devices
- Must be able to travel around 50% (primarily throughout DC, Northern VA, and Southern MD)
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational skills; will require tracking of progress and outstanding issues across multiple projects
- Reliable team player
- Independent / capable of working effectively and efficiently with minimal supervision
- Strong time management skills
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship
- Fundamental understanding of US Government, Government Procurement, Government Acquisition Strategy, Various government procurement vehicles, and Federal Budget Cycles
- Past experience working for a Federal Civilian Department, Agency or Bureau
- Fundamental understanding of network protocols
- Ability to successfully interface with clients (internal and external)
- Ability to document and explain technical details in a concise, understandable manner
- Ability to provide public speaking and be comfortable in front of an audience
- Capable of leading multiple projects and tight deadlines
- Knowledge of and ability to use formal project management skills in planning, tracking, and reporting on project progress
- Experience, understanding of and interest in cybersecurity and privacy and CISSP, CISM, or CISA or related certifications are a plus.
- PMP or equivalent certification a plus
- Strong knowledge of tools used for wireless, web application, and network security testing
- Ability to manage and balance own time among multiple tasks, and lead junior staff when required
- Experience with modern project management tools
- Prior experience working with or in state, local or federal government is a plus.
As a U.S. federal contractor, Mandiant has adopted a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy to comply with our obligations under applicable laws and requirements. This position may be covered under Mandiant’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, as required in order to support federal contracts, access company offices and/or attend in-person meetings and work events. If covered under this policy, proof of vaccination against COVID-19 may be required as a condition of hire.
At Mandiant we are committed to our #OneTeam approach combining diversity, collaboration, and excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Minimum Salary: 138,700.00. Final salary will be determined commensurately with cost of living, experience level, and/or any other legally permissible considerations. Incentive Compensation: Eligibility for annual bonus subject to individual and company performance; eligibility for award of Restricted Stock Units subject to eligibility requirements, approval from Mandiant’s Compensation Committee, and vesting terms.
Benefits: Whether you are just starting your career, reaching a milestone, or gearing up for retirement, we offer plans and programs to keep you happy and healthy at any stage of life. We regularly evaluate our options to make sure they’ve got everything you need. Part of what makes Mandiant great is our diverse team, and we’ve made it our priority to provide benefits that support you on your individual journey at work and at home. Mandiant subsidized benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and Disability Insurance. Subject to eligibility requirements, Mandiant also offers the ability to participate in 401(k), Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Accounts, Dependent Care Spending Accounts, and Employee Stock Purchase Program. Mandiant also provides Paid Time Off, Flexible Paid Sick Time, and Paid Holidays.
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Full Telecommute