XOR Security is currently seeking a talented Security Engineer to provide comprehensive Computer Network Defense and Response support through monitoring and analysis of potential threat activity. To support this vital mission, XOR staff are on the forefront of providing:
*** On – site in Washington, D.C. – 4 times a week!
- Enterprise IT Cyber Security Support to include Vulnerability Scanning and Management;
- Enterprise System Monitoring, Analyzing, Detecting, and Defending Support Services;
- Security Incident Response and Reporting Services Support;
- Security Environment Research and Development Support Services;
- Penetration Testing, Phishing Attack, and Cyber Security Training Services.
To ensure the integrity, security and resiliency of critical operations, we are seeking candidates with diverse backgrounds in cyber security systems operations, analysis and incident response. Strong written and verbal communications skills are a must. The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of cyber threats and information security in the domains of TTP’s, Threat Actors, Campaigns, and Observables. Additionally, the ideal candidate would be familiar with intrusion detection systems, intrusion analysis, PCAP solutions, signature creation and deployment, security information event management platforms, and cyber ticketing management.
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college and 2+ years experience in the field of information technology, of which at least 1 year must be in cybersecurity with demonstrated experience in any of the following areas:
- advanced networking background; experience with sentrywire, zscaler, check point
- patching and upgrading as necessary cyber security hardware and software; submitting reports on tools;
- providing gap analysis of existing tools and provide recommended toolsets to fill the gaps;
- creating and/or maintaining security architecture diagrams;
- identifying cyber security requirements; or researching, developing, documenting, and submitting technical solutions for security vulnerabilities.
Experience with networking traffic troubleshooting and at least 2 of the following:
- SentryWire, Zscaler, Check Point firewalls, Splunk, Qualys tuning and scanning, Akamai, AWS security, Azure security, Tanium
XOR Security offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, 401k with a vested company match, vacation and supplemental insurance benefits.
XOR Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V.
Citizenship Clearance Requirement
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements – US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED.
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided