Cyber Security is an integral part of Smartsheet’s corporate culture. At Smartsheet, we believe that it is the responsibility of each and every employee to safeguard information, protect it from unauthorized access, and ensure regulatory compliance. Cyber Security has a significant effect on privacy, consumer trust, external reputation, and it is a priority on every team's agenda. We’re looking for someone who shares our passion to ensure customer data, Smartsheet platform/service is protected, and the organization is secured.
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, we deliver a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes.
This is a remote internship at Smartsheet, based in the USA. You will report to a Smartsheet Manager for 12 weeks over the summer months. The rate of pay for this role is $35.00 hourly.
- Analyze findings from security monitoring systems, such as Security Information Event Management consoles, to identify and respond to security incidents.
- Respond to service requests received from end users or other teams (e.g. for investigation of security events, reviewing change requests on systems impacting security).
- Maintain and document knowledge base articles and advise staff on the organization's policies, standards, and procedures relating to information security.
- Currently have or are in the process of obtaining a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or relevant technical field experience in a security domain.
- Passionate about security and privacy areas with a fundamental understanding of security domains.
- Ability to quickly adapt to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Time management, organizational skills, and ability to complete tasks as assigned.
- Ability to learn new technology quickly and put new knowledge to work in solving problems.
- This internship requires US work authorization or Legal authorization to work in the United States.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, Australia, Japan, Costa Rica, and Germany. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we build an inclusive environment that encourages and supports the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We're looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, to set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren't afraid to be creative—join us!
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided