As a cybersecurity operator/instructor you will work directly with network defenders to help them learn and master their craft. You will be responsible for teaching the concepts, hands on use of TOOLS and TECHNIQUES to Cyber Security Incident Response Teams to effectively defend their networks from advanced cyber threats.
A detailed understanding of cyber security recommended best practices (NIST, SANS, CIS, DoD)
Experience as a practitioner of cyber red-blue exercise concepts as a learning technique
A clear understanding of the current state-of-the-art in computer and network security practices and research, to include exploit mitigation, countermeasures, detection, forensic, auditing and other defensive tools
Complete understanding of adversary kill-chain and exploitation scenarios
Broad knowledge of standard cyberdefense tools such as logging and monitoring, along with deep specialization knowledge in one of Windows Domain Security, Windows Forensics, Linux Security, or Network Security
Strong oral and written communication skills
Knowledgeable in several aspects of cyber security as applied to Windows, Linux, Network Infrastructure, and cyber Intelligence
Can develop and present your own course materials based on your assessment of student needs
Can build and operate one’s own defensive toolsets
Experience in multiple technical areas to include incident response, vulnerability assessment, risk management, information assurance, scripting, cyber intelligence, forensics, malware analysis, network and/or host-based monitoring
Cyber security classes and credentials are a plus: Preferred security credentials include GCIH and one of GCIA, GCWN, GCUX, OSCP, or demonstrable equivalent knowledge. Professional level certification in vendor platforms such as Windows, RedHat, Cisco or other systems a plus.
Will consider both generalists with a background in security and devops system-administration, and specialists in specific aspects: (ie Windows defense/forensics, network security monitoring, unix defense/monitoring, etc).
Hands-on experience or familiarity with open source and commercial cybersecurity products such as Security Onion, ELK, Snort, Splunk, Security Analytics, Tanium, Crowdstrike, Carbon Black, Cyber Reason or others is essential
- You will:
- Stay abreast of the latest in cyber security defenses, technologies, methodologies, policy and breaches
- Develop curriculum that teaches the full range of cyber defense skills of hardening, monitoring, pursuit, and cyber intelligence
- Write curriculum tasks, standards, conditions
- Create learning materials in the form of briefings, white papers, videos, practical exercises, and games
- Work with our range-operations and devops teams to develop toolsets and scenarios within a cybersecurity range to model real-world threat defense scenarios
- Support teaching events (travel estimated at 25-40%)
- Assess the skills and level of cyber defense of individuals and teams