Sophos is a worldwide leader in next-generation cybersecurity, protecting more than 500,000 organizations and millions of consumers in more than 150 countries from today’s most advanced cyberthreats. Powered by threat intelligence, AI and machine learning from SophosLabs and SophosAI, Sophos delivers a broad portfolio of advanced products and services to secure users, networks and endpoints against ransomware, malware, exploits, phishing and the wide range of other cyberattacks. Sophos provides a single integrated cloud-based management console, Sophos Central – the centerpiece of an adaptive cybersecurity ecosystem that features a centralized data lake that leverages a rich set of open APIs available to customers, partners, developers, and other cybersecurity vendors. Sophos sells its products and services through reseller partners and managed service providers (MSPs) worldwide. Sophos has major hubs around the globe. More information is available at www.sophos.com
What you will do :
· Proactively research and monitor security information to identify potential threats that may impact the organization.
· Escalate validated and confirmed incidents.
· Fine-tune SIEM rules to reduce false positive and remove false negatives.
· Monitor: User activity, network events and alerts from security tools to identify events.
Security requests which are raised by other internal teams that requires security team action. Suspicious emails that submitted to SOC team.
Contribute towardsOur vulnerability assessment and remediation program.Incident response, and support Incident manager during an incidentThe development of security policy, standards, procedures and documentation.Investigation & root cause analysis of security events & incidents escalated from our security operation center.Be able to create detection based on analysis of various log formats.Have experience with commercial and/or open source security assessment tools such as Burp Suite, Accunetix, niktoHave ability to innovative to actively hunt for threats e.g. scripting using python, powershellHands on experience of implementation and management of Intrusion detection systems (IDS/IPS), Firewall, VPN, and other security products like Antimalware, Antispam, Content filtering, DLP etc. Proficient with SIEM – SplunkExperience with IDS/IPS, firewall alert analysis, monitoring and auditingExperience in performing log analysis with tools like ProcmonAbility to solely perform and manage the vulnerability management lifecycleBe able to perform static code analysis
Organization ResponsibilityWorks closely with the Security Operations Centre, Development team, Sophos Labs experts, Product Security Engineers and IT. Note : This job is a remote Location (India )
What's Great About Sophos?
· Our people – we innovate and create, all of which are accompanied by a great sense of fun and team spirit
· Employee-led diversity and inclusion networks that build community and provide education and advocacy
· Annual charity and fundraising initiatives and volunteer days for employees to support local communities
· Global employee sustainability initiatives to reduce our environmental footprint
· Global fitness and trivia competitions to keep our bodies and minds sharp
· Global wellbeing days for employees to relax and recharge
· Monthly wellbeing webinars and training to support employee health and wellbeing
Our Commitment To You
We’re proud of the diverse and inclusive environment we have at Sophos, and we’re committed to ensuring equality of opportunity. We believe that diversity, combined with excellence, builds a better Sophos, so we encourage applicants that can contribute to the diversity of our team. All applicants will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, sex, gender reassignment, marital status, race, religion or belief, color, age, military veteran status, disability, pregnancy, maternity or sexual orientation. We want to give you every opportunity to show us your best self, so if there are any adjustments we could make to the recruitment and selection process to support you, please let us know.
describing your individual rights. If you have any questions about Sophos’ data protection practices, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org