Whether they’re building great payment software or collaborating with a client, every CardFlight employee is committed to empowering small businesses to accept electronic payments with ease. Our team works primarily remote in over 20 US states and is passionate about delivering easy-to-use software to help small businesses accept payments from their customers. Joining our growth stage company means that you will work collaboratively with others to have a direct impact on helping entrepreneurs and owners grow their businesses. Our signature product, SwipeSimple, is used by 100,000+ small businesses across the country.
We’re currently looking for a Security Engineer that will take a key role on our location-neutral team. You will have a high impact on our security and compliance efforts, cloud platform, and the DevOps team that automates, deploys, maintains, scales, and enhances it. You will have the opportunity to help enhance and build a security-first cloud-based infrastructure aimed at enabling our teams to solve many of the most important and impactful technical challenges as we scale our existing products and introduce new ones. We move millions of dollars a day on behalf of our small business customers, necessitating extremely high levels of security, compliance, dependability, and resiliency across our interconnected systems.
You will be able to work across all the teams within engineering and many parts of our application stack to drive the highest priority and highest stakes technical challenges to excellent outcomes and performance. You will be a key voice in helping to define our overall technical architecture and in working with others on the engineering team to solve technical challenges. In this role, we also value strong communication, initiative and attention to detail.
The position is location-neutral remote, with opportunities to get together as a company and team throughout the year.
The right candidate for this role has:
- A strong desire to build secure and compliant technology systems efficiently. They know how to design and implement solutions that address the problem while continuing to drive the systems forward.
- A background in cloud engineering. They are comfortable working with AWS infrastructure and interconnected systems. They can understand how these systems work, secure architecture and troubleshoot and improve them
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to break down issues and explain them to others. They can communicate effectively with people outside of engineering and at all levels of experience
- A willingness to learn new technologies and evaluate solutions to support an organization experiencing significant growth.
What You’ll Do
- Review data repositories to help identify deficiencies and opportunities for improvement.
- Data reporting and summarization to simplify complex topics to aid in decision making and prioritization.
- Logging and monitoring of key system components to ensure a secure and efficient operation.
- Architect and manage Data Service solutions in AWS, Tableau, and other analytics services
- Ensure compliance with the PCI Data Security Standard by performing regular tasks, including patching infrastructure and reviewing system alerts
- Work collaboratively with engineering teams
- Contribute to the secure development of new automation functions on various platforms to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of CardFlight Cloud Operations
- Spend up to 10% of your time contributing to Open Source software
- Participate in the on-call rotation for Cloud Operations helping to ensure our infrastructure is highly available and supporting a growing customer base
- Participate in IT support rotation to help ensure CardFlight team members can get access to the tools and resources necessary to support a growing customer base.
- Get involved with company-wide meetings and outings
- Become immersed in the payments industry
What You’ll Bring to the Table
- A security-first mindset to challenge the status quo and help build secure solutions
- A background in cloud administration
- Experience with automation/configuration management tools such as Chef or the desire
- to learn them
- Knowledge of best-practices in a secure and always-up always available service.
- A working understanding of writing code
- A willingness to learn new technologies
- The ability to take initiative and work independently with very little supervision
- Superior people skills and a positive attitude
- Strong attention to detail
Why You’ll Love CardFlight
- Location-neutral work environment
- Home-office equipment stipend
- Flexible paid time off
- Employee Engagement (Lunch & Learns, team building events)
- Learning & Development culture
- Competitive health benefits
- Competitive compensation and company ownership/stock options
- And more!!
At CardFlight, we lead with respect for one another, our customers and business partners, vendors, and prospective employees. Our objective is to ensure CardFlight team members are passionate about the growth of our company, supported in their personal growth and development, and connected to their colleagues. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided