- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided
We are looking for a Research Engineer to help us build next generation detection of FireEye detection technologies. The ideal candidate is someone who is passionate about solving real problems by turning cutting edge research into operational production solutions. The Researcher will drive email research, analysis (data-mining) and generate content for use in our products that enhance FireEye’s security content infrastructure, process workflow, and the malware intelligence portal. They will work with a global team to support research and detection efforts.
What you will do:
As a Research Scientist in FireEye, you will be performing research in areas that our threat research division identifies as the most in need of data analytics. You will be expected to prove out your ideas by building proof of concepts, working with subject matter experts to refine models, working with software engineers to ensure models are implemented well, and finally following through to ensure the analytics capabilities are functioning as expected. Being able to exchange ideas, ask questions and the ability to work with and communicate clearly to non-data scientists how your research works are all musts.
- Experience in applying a wide variety of unsupervised, semi-supervised, and supervised machine learning techniques, and the ability to turn big data into actionable intelligence
- Familiarity with SIEM, email, network or endpoint security concepts and technologies
- Ability to analyze, retrain, and improve machine learning models
- Significant development experience with Python, Matlab, R, or Scala
- Strong Linux experience required
- Ability to document and explain technical details clearly and concisely
- M.S /PhD in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- At least three years direct or equivalent experience in data science.
- Experience with sklearn, pandas, numpy or similar packages
- Familiarity with malware, host forensics, or network traffic analysis concepts
- Experience with Linux command line and bash scripting
- Experience with reverse engineering malware
- Experience with AWS infrastructure
- Experience with a deep learning frameworks such as TensorFlow, Theano, or MXNet
- Experience using Hadoop and Spark
- Experience using relational and non-relational databases
- Experience with web frameworks to visualize large datasets
Mandiant (formerly FireEye) has announced the sale of its Products business to Symphony Technology Group. Learn more about the sale here: https://www.fireeye.com/company/press-releases/2021/fireeye-announces-sale-of-fireeye-products-business-to-symphony-technology-group.html. This position will be part of the FireEye Security organization under the purchasing company. Our new company's security portfolio protects customers across endpoints, infrastructure, applications, and in the cloud. We will accelerate efforts to develop an integrated security platform powered by artificial intelligence and automation for superior threat detection and prevention.