Here’s what you’ll be doing:
Cyber risk is something we take seriously at Simply Business (SB). We know how hard our InfoSec teams work to keep the wheels turning, and to keep our customer data safe. This role is essential to proactively managing our security governance, risk and compliance functions to ensure we are able to stay ahead of the latest threats and maintain our strong security posture.
Sitting within the broader Information Security Team you'll be reporting into Helen (Head of Security Assurance) and leading a team of three Information Security Analysts. The award winning InfoSec team pride themselves on their friendly and collaborative approach. Not only that, but you will be joining one of the most gender diverse teams in your field.
As the Lead Information Security Analyst you’ll:lead the team responsible for the completion of all security governance activities including (but not limited to) policy management, exception management, risk assessments and vendor assessments.manage audit and compliance activities, such as PCI and NYDFS attestationwork with major projects and programmes to assure security of solutions from inception through to implementation manage the team of Information Security Analysts, including coaching with their development and managing the team’s effectiveness to realise efficiencies and the strategic vision for the team manage Information Security and Security Assurance stakeholders
We’re looking for someone who is:experienced in all aspects of security governance, risk and compliance. experienced in security standards, particularly ISO 27001 and NIST, and their application and use in security governance, risk and compliance activities. knowledgeable of PCI DSS and experienced in ensuring adequate compliance.experienced in writing and implementing security policies, procedures and guidelines and experienced in security risk management practices experienced and knowledgeable with differing compliance requirementsexperienced with audits and with working with the business to resolve any non-compliance issuesexperienced in vendor and third party supplier assessmentsexperience with delivering security awareness activities able to build a team with a reputation for reliability and hard work able to provide guidance and support to the team helping them to adapt to new situations / challenges able to foster an environment where the team takes on a can-do attitude able to coach the team to take the initiative and who can create new challenges for them to take onan individual who can operate a leadership role, drive a strategic vision, effectively manage the team and deal with employee related issuesa motivated, ambitious self-starter who can ‘hit the ground running’ and who can operate effectively as part of a global team, but who can also operate independently when required
(We know it’s tough, but please try to avoid the confidence gap. You don’t have to match all the bullet points above to be considered for this role)
Ready to join us and help us elevate our security practices? Apply today.
About Simply Business
We insure small businesses and enable big dreams – not just for our customers, but for our people and communities too. With over 900,000 active insurance policies, we protect builders, bakers, landlords, and more than 1,000 other trades.
We’re as much a technology company as one that sells insurance. We build, we fail, we learn, we improve. We’re a B Corp too, which recognises our strong track record of having a positive impact on people, society and the environment.
What are the benefits?
We support every team member to balance work and life effectively.
• remote working - you can balance working remotely and connecting with colleagues in the office
• mental health and wellbeing resources - access to counselling and technology to support your mental health
• flexible parental leave - we pay six months full pay to the primary caregiver, and four weeks full pay if you’re the secondary caregiver
• paid sabbatical - two weeks off when you’ve been here five years and four weeks off when you’ve been here 10, 15 and 20 years
• a dedicated learning platform - the platform lets you balance both work and life goals (including management and leadership programme)
• life event leave - an extra day of leave every two years for whatever you want: moving house, welcoming a new pet, or your birthday
We also make sure you’re compensated fairly.
• competitive salary - based upon your experience and the market we’re in from day one
• annual bonus - the potential to earn a bonus based on business performance
• pension - we match what you put into your pension up to five percent
• health cash plan - we reimburse your everyday medical expenses
• holiday entitlement - 25 days leave, plus bank holidays (you can also use your flexible benefits to get up to five days more!)
• life assurance - four times your basic salary
• flexible benefits scheme - an allocated allowance to use each year on things like private medical insurance, dental insurance, travel insurance, up to five days extra holiday, and gym membership.
Ready to join us and drive our success as a high-performing team? Apply today.