The Sr. Security Engineer will be assisting the Chief Technology & Information Security Officer (CTO,CISO), with several areas of Ariel’s digital transformation with a focus on security. This individual will be responsible for assisting with designing, planning, executing, maintaining and supporting our security environment first and foremost, cloud strategy and operational environments along with who can seamlessly mesh technical know-how with business acumen to help us navigate all our cloud and security computing needs.
Essential to this role is the ability to develop, propose and maintain policy, standards, and procedures while continually focusing on process improvements, present alternatives and associated risks, professionally debate issues and view cloud and mobile computing and security from a business perspective. The successful candidate should be able to communicate effectively and successfully coordinate efforts with other areas of the business and senior management.
- Well versed on cybersecurity frameworks such as ISO 27001, SOC2, GDPR, CCPA, CIS
- Knowledge of the security landscape including but not limited to security operations, patch management, vulnerability scanning, managed security service providers, Identity Governance (IGA)
- Hands on experience with software development, reverse engineering, forensic analysis
- Deep knowledge of the Microsoft Azure and O365 ecosystems including but not limited to hands on experience of Azure automation, DevOps, Sentinel, Defender, Endpoint Manager
- Minimum of 5 years performing the role at the level of or equivalent to: Sr Engineer, Sr. Developer, Cloud / Security Engineer
- At least 10 years of total IT experience
- Programming and scripting skills using languages such as PowerShell, Python, C, and/or other 4GLs
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have strong vendor relationship management skills.
- Must have good work management skills with the ability to successfully complete efforts on-time and within budget
- Background in designing/developing/architecting/planning/implementing IT and security systems
- Superior analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- A strong strategic and business mindset
Education (preferred and/or required)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or Information Security preferred
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- CISA, CISSP, Security +, Microsoft Azure, or MCSE level certifications preferred
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided