A successful Red Team operator in the Mandiant Special Programs Strategic Emulation and Advanced Red (SEAR) Team is an insatiable cyber security subject matter expert. They should have experience in traditional red teaming or offensive cyber operations. A lifelong student of the craft, they are submerged in the bleeding edge of the technology and have a deep understanding of the global cyber threat landscape. Tool and platform agnostic, they are comfortable working in any operating system and are adept at proving that a PowerShell or BASH prompt is more effective than any tool set. When the situation requires it, they are comfortable developing avant-garde tools and techniques that challenge the traditional red team model. As an Subject Matter Expert in cyber operations, an ideal candidate would be comfortable developing training materials, hands on-labs, and instructing colleagues and clients on the most effective cyber tradecraft.
If you are drawn to the challenge of the unfamiliar and a desire to be the best, we would love to chat with you. This position requires periodic on-site and in-office work and is not a fully-remote opportunity.
- Perform offensive operational assessments on highly sensitive and restricted environments with a flexibility in available technologies and objectives.
- Develop comprehensive reports and presentations for both technical and executive audiences.
- Effectively communicate strategies and findings to client at a technical and executive level.
- Develop bespoke tools and techniques with special attention to the needs of the mission.
- Develop and deliver state of the art training workshops and programs to enable and strengthen client cyber mission objectives
- Assist with scoping prospective engagements, leading engagements from kickoff through remediation, and mentoring less experienced staff.
- Scope and Conduct Advanced Training Engagements, aligning practical Red Teaming skills to Client needs; partnering with Mandiant’s Operational Enabling Team of Instructors and Content Developers.
- TS//SCI clearance or SCI-eligible preferred. Strong candidates willing to acquire the required clearances will be considered.
- Five plus years’ experience in offensive cyber operations
- Experience with cyber security tools, technology and best practices
- Unix shell scripting (e.g Perl, bash, Python) and Windows PowerShell Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field, or experience equivalent
- Ability to travel up to 30%
- Ability to successfully interface with clients (internal and external)
- Ability to document and explain technical details in a concise, understandable manner
- Ability to manage and balance own time among multiple tasks, and lead junior staff when required
Additional InformationAs a U.S. federal contractor, Mandiant has adopted a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy to comply with our obligations under applicable laws and requirements. This position may be covered under Mandiant’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, as required in order to support federal contracts, access company offices and/or attend in-person meetings and work events. If covered under this policy, proof of vaccination against COVID-19 may be required as a condition of hire. At Mandiant we are committed to our #OneTeam approach combining diversity, collaboration, and excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided