- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Full Telecommute
Mandiant Managed Defense is a Managed Detection and Response (MDR) service that combines industry-recognized cyber security expertise, cutting-edge technology, and unparalleled knowledge of attackers to identify threats early in the attacker lifecycle to minimize the potential impact of a breach. Mandiant Managed Defense is continuously fueled by the industry’s largest global cyber threat intelligence capability that harnesses machine, campaign, adversary, and victim intelligence gained from the frontlines of the world’s most consequential cyber-attacks enabling us to reveal even the most sophisticated attacker.
The Managed Defense Security Operations Center Front Line Manager will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of their team within the MD SOC. This position reports directly to the regional SOC Manager and will be charged with leading a team of analysts as you protect MD customers from impactful cyber intrusions and investigate attacker activities. This position combines a high degree of technical experience with a desire to develop and lead a team of analysts.
What You Will Do:
- Maintain daily operations focused on your team of analysts
- Coordinate with technical Shift Lead to monitor incoming alert volume, assist with alert triage, and assign analyst resources to ensure optimal alert coverage
- Act as a functional security expert and be an escalation point for complex investigations
- Investigate high priority alerts and perform live response investigations in support of rapid response engagements
- Lead projects focused on MD service evolution
- Analyze team utilization metrics and propose operational changes for service improvements
- Communicate with management on an ongoing basis to convey the status of the service
- Perform one-on-one meetings with your team to identify strengths, growth areas, and career progression support
- Assist in hiring and team building to support growing needs of the business
- Assess analyst performance and progress towards quarterly and annual goals
- Make recommendations to the Regional Manager regarding analyst career progression and operational improvements
- 2+ years working in Incident Response or Security Analysis
- 1+ years Technical experience in at least three of the following areas: Windows disk and memory forensics, Network Security Monitoring (NSM), network traffic analysis, and log analysis, Unix or Linux disk and memory forensics, Static and dynamic malware analysis, Applied knowledge in at least one scripting or development language (such as Python), Thorough understanding of enterprise security controls in Active Directory / Windows environments
- Experience as a leader or mentor
- Ability to establish and meet stretch goals
- High attention to detail and excellent time management skills
- A passion for team development and critical thinking skills necessary to evaluate service delivery efficiencies
- Maintains professional demeanor and attitude in stressful situations and controversial topics
- Ability to lead a team of highly technical professionals and communicate complex topics to executive leadership
- An understanding of key performance indicators and relevant metrics for tracking team performance
As a U.S. federal contractor, Mandiant has adopted a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy to comply with our obligations under applicable laws and requirements. This position is covered under Mandiant’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy and therefore proof of vaccination against COVID-19 will be required as a condition of hire. At Mandiant we are committed to our #OneTeam approach combining diversity, collaboration, and excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Minimum Salary: $[100,000]. Final salary will be determined commensurately with cost of living, experience level, and/or any other legally permissible considerations.
Incentive Compensation: Eligibility for annual bonus subject to individual and company performance; eligibility for award of Restricted Stock Units subject to eligibility requirements, approval from FireEye’s Compensation Committee, and vesting terms
Benefits: Employer subsidized benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and Disability Insurance. Subject to eligibility requirements, FireEye also offers the ability to participate in 401(k), Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Accounts, Dependent Care Spending Accounts, and Employee Stock Purchase Program. FireEye also provides Paid Time Off, Flexible Paid Sick Time, and Paid Holidays.
*Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20)