XOR Security is currently seeking a talented and ambitious self-starting , Cloud SOC (Security Operations Center) Analyst for a challenging position supporting one of our premier clients who is performing a lift and shift to the Azure cloud. This is a unique opportunity for the right candidate to embed themselves into the next generation of operational environments which is now taking place across the US government. The existing team is a multi-faceted interdisciplinary set of experts with ever-increasing prowess in this unique environment. Our security operations project is aimed at establishing innovative techniques for a comprehensive, cloud-first network enclave defense, identifying the emerging threats, and detecting malicious activity using advanced toolsets provided in the Microsoft cloud security ecosystem.
The ideal candidate will have hands-on experience as a SOC analyst performing Incident Response and Intrusion Detection on an operational Federal network, ideally having been migrated to a cloud environment, specifically, the Microsoft Sentinel SIEM and related security portals in Azure. The candidate will monitor and analyze network traffic in these and other traditional network security toolsets, sign-ins, application endpoints and data lakes for security events, reporting any findings to Level II analysts and the SOC Lead. The candidate will perform incident response to investigate and resolve security incidents which present themselves as alarms and those incidents which are a product of proactive investigations. The candidate will be able to determine between false and true positives events, prioritizing them appropriately and ferrying them through the approved process from beginning to end. Additionally, the candidate will perform, or review, root cause analysis efforts following incident recovery. The candidate will compose security alert notifications and other communications on behalf of the SOC.
In addition, the candidate will remain up to date with current vulnerabilities, attacks, and countermeasures and develop follow-up action plans to resolve reportable issues and communicate with the other technologists to address security threats and incidents. Also, the candidate will continually develop new use cases for automation and tuning of security tools, define and create privacy and security reportable issues metrics and reports. The candidate will need to contribute to security strategy and security posture by identifying security gaps, evaluating and implementing enhancements. The ideal candidate will possess a strong technical understanding of log and monitoring management systems, security event monitoring systems, network-based and host-based intrusion detection systems, security system technologies, malware detection and enterprise-level antivirus solutions/systems, VPN technologies and encryptions standards.
Washington D.C., USA
Skills and Qualifications:
- An industry technical certification such as GCIH, MS-SC200 or equivalent
- Experience with tools such as Active Directory, Azure Active Directory, AD Connect, SAML, Kerberos, Cisco IOS, MS Server, Azure cloud environments, Incident Handling, Threat hunting experience, fundamental knowledge of IEEE 7 layers
- Experience with deployment and documentation of enterprise project management and change management processes
- Ability to identify solutions to potential network issues/embrace network simplification and strengthened security
- Ability to conduct event triage and analysis and incident investigation
- Write threat reports and incident reports
- Read and ingest various govt. regulations for application to agency environment
- One to two (1-2) years of experience in network defense environments
- Understanding of command line scripting and implementation (e.g., Python, Powershell)
- Ability to write latest content/searches/scripts (e.g., Create dashboards, Sentinel alerts, , Python scripts, Powershell scripts)
- Familiarity with differences in on-prem OPSEC in relation to cloud-based security
- Strong understanding of networking (TCP Flags, TCP Handshake, IP addressing, Firewalls, Proxy, IDS, IPS)
- Ability to perform Netflow / packet capture (PCAP) analysis
- Experience with cyber threat hunting
- Bachelorâ€™s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or equivalent experience
XOR Security offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from the first day of employment, 401k with a vested company match, vacation, and supplemental insurance benefits.
XOR Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V.
Citizenship Clearance Requirement
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements - US CITIZENSHIP and PUBLIC TRUST CLEARANCE REQUIRED.
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided