About Unit 221B
Unit 221B is seeking a skilled Embedded Device Penetration Tester to work with our team to assess hardware for vulnerabilities. As a team member, you will work closely with our cybersecurity professionals to identify and address vulnerabilities in embedded devices. Your responsibilities will include conducting penetration tests (Red, Purple) and producing reports on your findings. We are committed to solving the most challenging cybersecurity problems by addressing the root cause of vulnerabilities. Our team values discretion and respect in all our interactions with clients and staff. We encourage you to apply if you are passionate about cybersecurity and technical writing and are dedicated to excellence.
Job Description and Responsibilities
We are excited to announce that we are hiring an Embedded Device Offensive Engineer to join our team! As an Embedded Device Offensive Engineer, you will be responsible for designing and testing embedded hardware systems with a focus on security and penetration testing. The ideal candidate will have experience in electronics and embedded systems and be comfortable working with a team to achieve project goals. If you are passionate about embedded systems security and want to grow in a supportive and collaborative environment, we encourage you to apply!
- Investigate hardware and analyze them for points of access and vulnerabilities
- Maintain strict inventory control of hardware received and handled.
- Document security findings throughout the testing process
- Draft initial report of findings per provided templates, working with director and tech writer to QA and finalize client-facing end deliverables
- Present final results to end client, demonstrating proof of concepts (PoC) when relevant and applicable
- Nice to have: You have your own hardware lab for testing and can accept deliveries.
- Vulnerability assessment and penetration testing experience in Hardware/Embedded system hacking
- Reverse engineering and firmware analysis experience
- Source code analysis and advisory experience
- Programming languages (e.g. C, C++, Java, Python) or any other high-level language
- A good understanding of various chip packages and dependencies
Soft Skills Requirements
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision and within a team.
- Manage project tasks and deadlines within a multi-time zone remote culture
- 2-5 years of customer-facing consulting experience
- Ability to communicate complex vulnerability results and demonstrate proof of concepts for diverse audiences
- Salary: $150000 - $250000
- Citizenship: Us Citizen
- Incentives: Bonus
- Education: Bachelors Degree
- Travel: No Travel
- Telework: Full Telecommute