What does a great Vulnerability Management Engineer do?
As a part of the Fiserv Cybersecurity Operations team, the vulnerability management team is responsible for discovering, analyzing, communicating, and tracking vulnerabilities that may impact the organization. The Vulnerability Management Engineer will work in conjunction with the Cybersecurity Organization, technology teams, and infrastructure owners as necessary. We are seeking a seasoned technologist with expertise in cybersecurity, high-scale distributed systems, and proven expertise working in large programs across globally distributed teams.
In the role, you will work on vulnerability scans, analysis, and reporting to support the Vulnerability Management program across Fiserv globally.
This position requires that the candidate be a US Citizen or a permanent resident. The candidate should be able to travel domestically and/or internationally and provide off hours on-call support for issues requiring escalation.
As a Vulnerability Management Engineer, you will:
• Deploy and maintain vulnerability management technology used to identify and mitigate vulnerabilities and security issues
• Validate and triage identified vulnerabilities
• Contribute to developing and operating the vulnerability life cycle processes, detection, analysis, prioritization, and reporting
• Partner with Cyber Threat Intelligence, the Cybersecurity Incident Response team, and technology remediation groups to deliver shared outcomes that measurably improve our efficacy to detect and remediate vulnerabilities
• Analyze vulnerability and related data in support of creating vulnerability prioritization, developing metrics, and risk identification
• Analyze data to measure and improve scan coverage
• Establish credibility as a trusted advisor to stakeholders
• Establish relationships and partner with cross-functional teams for effective oversight of remediation efforts and to understand and help solve remediation challenges
• Understand Fiserv’s business, technology, and its surrounding ecosystems
• Participate in cybersecurity incident response efforts as needed
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
• 3+ years’ experience working with vulnerability management tools; Tenable.sc, Tenable.io, and Nessus
• Experience with current automated and human-driven approaches to vulnerability identification management
• 2+ years’ experience with CMDB/Ticketing platforms (e.g., ServiceNow)
• Experience and demonstrated success in technology roles with emphasis on vulnerability management, information security and a strong technical background
• Understanding of cybersecurity organizational practices, operations risk management processes, architectural requirements, and vulnerability risk
• Knowledge of network protocols and enterprise architecture
• Knowledge of common software, operating systems vulnerabilities, and Unix/Linux
• Experience with controls or frameworks such as NIST 800-53, NIST CSF, MITRE ATT&CK
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Ability to prioritize assignments and efforts in a complex work environment
• Industry security certifications are desirable.
• Scripting, automation, and database experience are desirable.
• Experience with SIEM platforms is desirable (e.g., QRadar, Splunk, Chronicle, etc.)
Learn more about Fiserv:
To support the total well-being of our associates, Fiserv takes a broad approach to our benefits. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that provides flexibility and affordability with a variety of medical, dental, vision, life insurance and disability options.
We are #FISVProud of our benefits and well-being programs. Our commitment to wellness, wellness education, preventive services and fitness activities are designed to meet you where you are.
Life moves fast. And as it does, we know most people aren’t thinking about “financial services”. But we are.
We help people and businesses move money and information every minute of every day. Our solutions connect financial institutions, corporations, merchants and consumers to one another, millions of times a day, behind the scenes, reliably and securely.
We’re Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today. The company’s approximately 44,000 associates proudly serve clients in more than 100 countries, so their customers, members and consumers can move money when and where they need it, at the point of thought.
Our Aspiration is to move money and information in a way that moves the world. As a FORTUNE™ 500 company and one of FORTUNE Magazine World’s Most Admired Companies for the seventh consecutive year, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran
Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your Forward with us.
- Citizenship: Us Citizen
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Travel 25
- Telework: Hybrid Telecommute