Mandiant is a recognized leader in cyber security expertise and has earned the trust of security professionals and company executives around the world. Our unique combination of renowned frontline experience, nation-state grade threat intelligence, machine intelligence, and the industry's best security validation ensures that Mandiant knows more about today's advanced threats than anyone. This role reports into Mandiant’s Security Operations organization. The Security Architect will work closely with Mandiant Analysts and Engineers to plan, execute, and operate a holistic security strategy in a client environment.
The Security Architect should be able to identify enterprise security requirements and provide guidance to enterprise initiatives. The security architect will serve as technical support for security tools and assist with security tool implementation and integration into the Customer environment. The security architect will also provide guidance on the development of containment and remediation plans for major cyber security incidents.
The Security Architect will have expertise in management, operations, and design of solutions using a variety of industry-leading technologies, including Trellix Technologies. The Security Architect is a technical advocate for information security requirements and must have in-depth understanding of the information security domain. The Security Architect must be able to execute on both strategic and tactical plans, including direct engagement and delivery in technical matters. The Enterprise Security Architect must be comfortable articulating and presenting complex concepts to business stakeholders, executive leadership, and technical contributors.
What You Will Do:
- Provide architectural guidance, identify and communicate security requirements, and coordinate with teams to ensure proper implementation for Enterprise and Information Security Projects
- Innovate solutions to both security and business problems
- Facilitate communications between Customer and internal Mandiant teams
- Provide guidance on building and/or maturing information security programs, detecting and responding to computer security incidents, and implementation of tools and technologies used for enterprise security
- Evaluate client needs, coordinate design for a solution, and clearly communicate the value proposition of complex and highly technical subjects
- Lead technical meetings and working groups to address issues related to security threats, relevant regulatory and compliance requirements, malware, vulnerabilities, and cybersecurity preparedness
- Implement and/or assess existing security controls
- Advocate for security changes across the client environment
- Provide expert level knowledge of tools and technologies used for enterprise security
- Interface with clients to address concerns, issues or escalations; track and drive to closure any issues that impact the service and its value to clients
- 4+ years of professional information security experience
- 3+ years of experience working with tools used in security event analysis, incident response, computer forensics, malware analysis or other areas of security operations
- 3+ years of experience with networking, including TCP/IP protocols and network topology
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Team-oriented and skilled in working within a collaborative environment
- Solid written and communication skills with the ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
- Ability to effectively multi-task, prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Excellent problem-solving abilities
- Strong communication and listening skills, a thorough approach to complex problem solving, decision-making ability, and a high motivation towards setting and delivering "excellence"
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible, positive, and creative in a dynamic, fast paced and changing environment.
- Ability to clearly and concisely document and explain technical details (e.g. experience documenting incidents, technical writing, etc.)
- Fundamental understanding of operating systems, including Windows and Linux
- Fundamental understanding of security controls for common platforms and devices, including Windows, Linux and network equipment
- Fundamental understanding of the components that comprise a successful information security program
At Mandiant we are committed to our #OneTeam approach combining diversity, collaboration, and excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
This is a regionally-based role that must be located in the Central Region of the US.
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Full Telecommute