Technical project managers are core stakeholders that drive client engagement and project execution through excellent communication and process management. Project managers do this by enabling process definition, improvement, documentation, and automation. Project managers serve as the communications hub for internal team and external client communications.
Blackthorne is a mission-focused organization, and we need strong professionals who share our passion about raising the bar in cybersecurity consulting. Project managers are trusted advisors for our teams and clients, ensuring that we deliver high quality services to protect and defend our clients.
This is a bonus-eligible role and Blackthorne's benefits include extensive healthcare and retirement benefits.
Duties and Responsibilities
Drive client engagement:
- Assign and oversee the daily tasks of technical personnel while ensuring progress on established milestones.
- Analyze, plan, and develop requirements and standards in reference to scheduled projects.
- Hold regular internal technical team meetings to track progress on technical initiatives and impact on larger project capabilities and efficiency.
- Define, improve, document, and automate client engagement processes.
- Analyze, plan, and develop requirements and standards for scheduled projects.
- Establish and maintain project schedule, resourcing, communications, budget, and facilitate a clear project status reporting cadence.
- Create and send out weekly project updates to clients and internal teams.
- Create and send out weekly client updates (across multiple projects) that include timeline updates, escalations, and project budget updates.
- Track deliverable timelines and project execution.
- Schedule, attend, and drive action items and follow-ups for internal technical team meetings, client technical team meetings, and project stakeholder meetings.
Drive effective communications:
- Establish and implement effective communications with various client stakeholders (at different levels) and internal team members.
- Schedule, attend, and drive action items and follow-ups for internal technical team meetings, client technical team meetings, and project stakeholder meetings to track progress and address any questions, issues, and blockers for active projects.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in business administration, project management or a related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in a professional workplace setting (or equivalent).
- Minimum of 1 year of relevant cybersecurity experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of Project Management processes, strategies, and methods.
- Strong sense of personal accountability.
- Ability to take tasks and break down into work items for a team.
- Experience applying analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to predict challenges and seek to proactively head-off obstacles.
- Excellent time management, communication, and organizational skills
- Experience working in a high-level, collaborative environment and promoting a teamwork mentality.
- Master’s degree is Project Management or related technical field.
- Professional project management certification (PMP or equivalent).
- Experience mentoring, coaching and developing other project managers and / or technical personnel.
Blackthorne is a fully remote company, with team members across the United States. We value engagement with the team and continue to value in-person engagement through off-sites at least once a year. Applicants should expect their maximum amount of travel to be 2-3 times per year for no longer than a week.
This position reports directly to the Vice President of Services.
Blackthorne Consulting LLC is a growing provider of technical services in the cloud cybersecurity market. Since we started in 2020, we have been dedicated to bringing technically smart, actionable solutions to our clients. Our commitment to technical excellence and innovation has positioned us as a trusted partner for businesses seeking to establish cybersecurity programs in their cloud environments.
Our mission is to work with our clients to measurably improve their understanding of and decrease their cybersecurity risk, we achieve this through technical, data-driven approaches. With a strong emphasis on integrity, teamwork, and innovation, we strive to deliver exceptional value and customer satisfaction.
If interested, please apply through Ninjajobs or send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Salary: $120000 - $140000
- Citizenship: Us Citizen
- Incentives: Bonus
- Education: Bachelors Degree
- Travel: No Travel
- Telework: Full Telecommute