Security Officer Job Description
Collectors is building the future of how collectors find, buy, authenticate, track & research collectibles - from sports cards, coins, and video games to Pokemon cards. With industry leading services as our foundation and the creativity of our employees, Collectors is leading the way to a tech-forward and modern collectibles industry.
The Collectors family of companies includes leaders in third-party authentication and grading services such as PSA (sports and trading cards), PCGS (coins), WATA (video games), and CardLadder, a comprehensive analytics and financial tracking of sports cards.
We’re looking for motivated Security Officers to join our Security team to help protect Collector’s personnel, property, and profits through detection, deterrence, and denial of unauthorized individuals, all while maintaining a secure environment and preserving the integrity of the company’s facilities and reputation. Our Security vigilance protects Collectors from exposure, damage to reputation and theft.
You’ll report to the Security Manager and work from our Runnemede, NJ office.
What You’ll Do:
- Secure premises and personnel by patrolling property; monitoring surveillance equipment; inspecting buildings, equipment, and access points; permitting entry
- Prevent losses and damage by reporting irregularities.
- Complete reports by recording observations, information, occurrences, and surveillance activities.
- Maintain organization's stability and reputation by complying with legal requirements
- Contribute to security team’s effort by accomplishing related duties as assigned
- Make timely decisions, while maintaining composure in emergency response situations
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Sustain effective relationships with customers and their clients
- Adhere to all company service and operating standards
- Respond to emergency situations to provide necessary assistance to employees and customers
- Protect the company's assets relative to theft, assault, fire, and other safety issues
- Follow procedures for various initiatives, patrolling premises regularly
- Flexible with occasional travel to various trade shows throughout the continental United States
Who You Are:
- 2+ years of previous Security experience
- Former law enforcement and/or military experience is a preferred, but not required
- Ability to clearly communicate with a variety of individuals, both written and verbal (bilingual is a plus, but not required)
- Work independently and with the ability to analyze and use logic and reasoning to understand how a problem should be approached
- Attentive to the reactions of others, reading body language well
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Basic knowledge of Google Workspace programs (Gmail, Google Docs, Sheets, etc.)
- Great active listening skills, can foster trusting interpersonal relationships and work well with others
- High school graduate
- Lift, carry, pull, and push boxes 65-70lbs or more
- Load, transport, and unload boxes
Reasons To Join Us:
- Health Insurance: All full-time employees are eligible to enroll in Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401(K) Matching Plan: We are proud to offer a competitive 401k matching plan to our employees to support their future financial goals
- Vacation: All full-time employees are eligible for paid vacation
- Holiday Pay: All regular, full-time employees are eligible for ten company paid holidays
- Employee Discounts: Employees receive discounts on select grading services for approved submissions
- Flexible Hours: Many of our teams offer flexible schedules with varying shifts and will work with you to accommodate your needs
- Fun Working Environment: Our team members are invited to participate in celebrations, holiday events, and team building activities
- Citizenship: Not Provided
- Incentives: Not Provided
- Education: Not Provided
- Travel: Not Provided
- Telework: Not Provided